Total views : 168
Smart Aggregation for VOIP Networks with Anomaly Awareness for Latency Minimization
Objectives: VoIP technologies are growing day by day as it cost less than the traditional phone calls. This paper mainly focuses on aggregation of voice data over IP network. Method/Analysis: The proposed model scenario includes the deployment of four major network zones, which are differentiated by IPv4 based segmentation. The purpose of the different segment based network is to create the need of the inter-zonal routing, which in turn enables the mode of interzonal aggregation over the intermediate switches. Total ten nodes are deployed in each segment defined with individual IP segment. In this simulation scenario, the linear connectivity has been established between the different zones. Findings: The performance measures transmission delay and the throughput is calculated using secure data aggregation scheme. The proposed model has been designed for the purpose of VoIP data aggregation, which can hold the multiple streams altogether under the one aggregated stream inflowing between the two primary network switches handling the VoIP data. Novelty of the Study: In this paper, proposed secure data aggregation method is compared with existing aggregation schemes like hop-by-hop, end-to-end and AADM. Comparison shows that the throughput of proposed model is more effective and efficient than the existing model and delay is also less in the proposed model.
AADM (Adaptive Aggregation Data Model), End-to-End, Hop-by-Hop, Inter Zonal Routing, VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol).
- Akyildiz IF. A Survey on Wireless Mesh Networks. IEEE Radio Communications. 2005; 29(3):23–30.
- Kazemitabar H, Ahmed S, Nisar K, Said AB, Hasbullah HB. A Survey on Voice over IP over Wireless LANs. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 2010; 4(11):352–58.
- Alzaid H, Foo E, Nieto JG. Secure Data Aggregation in Wireless Sensor Network: a survey. Australasian Information Security Conference, Australia. 2008; 81. p. 93–108.
- Ganguly S, Navda V, Kim K, Kashyap A, Niculescu D, Izmailov R, Hong S, Das SR. Performance Optimizations for Deploying VoIP Services in Mesh Networks. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. 2006; 24(11):2147–58.
- Asif MS, Shaﬁq M, Choi JG, Iqbal M, Irshad A. Flexible and efﬁcient aggregation framework for antifragile wireless mesh networks. Springer International Publishing . 2015; 1(2):19–171.
- Wang M, Wei J, Pan Y, Zhao Z. Study on Reputation and Trust Based Data Aggregation Schemes for Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE 13th International Conference on Mobile Data Management, China. 2014; 5:79–84.
- Stasi GD, Karlsson J, Canonico R, Brunstrom A. Combining multi path forwarding and packet aggregration for improved network performance in wireless mesh networks. Computer Networks. Elseveir B V. 2014; 64:26–37.
- Khanna V, Mohanta K, Saravanan T. Recovery of Link Quality Degradation in Wireless Mesh Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 Jun 1; 6(6):4837–43.
- Satapathy A, Livingston LJ. A Comprehensive Survey of Security Issues and Defense Framework for VoIP Cloud. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb 4; 9(6):1–13.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.