Total views : 344
An Aircraft Health Monitoring System using IOT
Objectives: we are propounding an Aircraft health monitoring system using IOT. Which will send the health status in real time to the base station and also predict product reliability. Methods/Statistical analysis: Basically we are replacing a black box in an Airbus with this system which continuously sends all the parameters read and computed by the sensors on board to the base station using IOT. It helps to make better decision in critical conditions and to keep record for further analysis. This system will also predict life span of an electronic device by using prognostic health management method. Findings: This study results in an effective system which is more reliable, economical and secured as much as internet since the IOT platform is used. The propended system measures the health status in real time the same will be updated to webpage. Application/Improvements: The proposed system can be improved by using high speed and reliable internet connection in aircraft and by using wireless sensor will give better efficiency and reduced weight.
Black Box, Flight Test Instrumentation, IOT, Prognostic Health Management, Wireless Sensor Network
- Kumar MK, Ravi KS. Automation of irrigation system based on Wi-Fi technology and IOT. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1–5. DOI: 10.17485/ ijst/2016/v9i17/93048.
- Karthick K, Praveen T, Vidya QM. Enabling human health care monitoring using ubiquitous computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(16):1–4. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i16/92237.
- Rama K, Yedavalli Y, Rohit K, Belapurkar B. Application of wireless sensor networks to aircraft control and health management systems. Control Theory Application. 2011; 9(1):28–33.
- Sciancalepore S, Piro G, Bruni F, Nasca E, Boggia G, Grieco LA. An IoT-based measurement system for aerial vehicles. 2015 IEEE Metrology for Aerospace; 2015. p. 245–50.
- Dragoljubvujic D, Radoslavstojic R, Zoranfilipovic Z. Wireless sensor networks technology in aircraft structural health monitoring. 5th International Scientific Conference on Defensive Technologies, OTEH; 2012 Sep.
- Xu J. Integrated system of health management-oriented reliability prediction for a spacecraft software system with an adaptive genetic algorithm support vector machine Eksploatacjai Niezawodnosc. Maintenance and Reliability.2014; 16(4):571–8.
- Lall P, Hande M, Bhat C, Lee J. Prognostics Health Monitoring (PHM) for prior damage assessment in electronics equipment under thermo-mechanical loads. IEEE Transaction on Components, Packaging and Manufacturing Technology. 2011; 1(11):1774–89.
- Rama K, Yedavalli Y, Rohit K, Belapurkar B. Application of wireless sensor networks to aircraft control and health management systems. Journal on Control Theory Application. 2011; 9(1):28–33.
- Oliveira L, Rodrigues J, Macao B, Nicolau P, Zhou L. A WSN solution for light aircraft pilot health monitoring. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), Shanghai; 2012. p. 119–24.
- Krichen D, Abdallah W, Boudriga N. WSN-based flutter control application for aircraft wings structural health monitoring. Proceedings of ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, SAC ’14, New York, NY: USA; 2014. p. 680–5.
- Ciecinski P, Pieniazek J, Swiech L. A measurement system for static test of airplane structure. IEEE Metrology for Aerospace (MetroAeroSpace), Benevento; 2014. p. 238–43.
- Sivamoorthy M. Balloon powered internet access in remote and rural regions. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2015; 5(3):1176–8 .
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.