Total views : 370
An Effective CBHDAP Protocol for Black Hole Attack Detection in Manet
Objective: The various features of mobile adhoc networks (MANET’s) are open medium, dynamic topology and absence of centralized monitoring point which introduces various security challenges. One among the security attacks are defined as the black hole attack in this article. Methods: In this paper we introduce a protocol for detecting and avoiding the black hole attacks in MANET’s by an efficient Crypto-key based Black Hole Detection and Avoidance Protocol (CBHDAP). Findings: The suggested protocol generates a group key using Diffie-Hellman (DH) based key agreement black hole detection algorithm then the generated key is forwarded to the authenticated group members. The validation of the nodes in the route from the source to the destination is done before initiating the transmission. The black hole attacks are avoided during transmission by considering the parameters such as time taken for Route Reply (RREP), hop count, Packet Delivery Ratio (PDR) are used. To validate the performance of the proposed approach, it is compared with the existing protocols for the metrics such as detection probability, throughput, end-to-end delay, etc. Improvements: The validation results prove that the CBHDAP provides optimal results for all the metrics like detection probability, throughput, E2E delay etc when compared with the algorithms existed.
CBHDAP, Blackhole Attack, Diffie-Hellman Algorithm, MANET’s, Security Attacks.
- Funde NA, Pardhi PR. Detection and prevention techniques to black and gray hole attacks in MANET: A Survey. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering. 2013; 2(10):4132–36.
- Maheshwari N, Parihar PS. An enhanced approach to avoid black hole attack in mobile ad hoc networks using AOMDV routing protocol. International Jounal for Scientific Research and Development. 2013; 1(7):1494–502.
- Vijaya Kumar K, Kancherla S. An empirical model of malicious node detection and prevention with data rating. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. 2014; 2(17):56–9.
- Vijaya Kumar K, Somasundaram K. Study on reliable and secure routing protocols on manet. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(14):1–10.
- Gupta A. Black hole attack mitigation method based on route discovery mechanism in AODV protocol. IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, Kerala, India. 2013; 2(9). p. 1–6.
- Bajwa SS, Khan MK. Grouped Black hole Attacks Security Model (GBHASM) for Wireless Ad-Hoc Networks.The 2nd International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE). Pakistan. 2010. p. 756–60.
- Mohanapriya M, Krishnamurthi I. Modified DSR protocol for detection and removal of selective black hole attack in MANET. Computers and Electrical Engineering. 2014; 40(2):530–8.
- Hernandez-Orallo, Olmos MDS, Cano J-C, Calafate CT, Manzoni P. A fast model for evaluating the detection of selfish nodes using a collaborative approach in MANETs. Wireless Personal Communications. 2014; 74:1099–116.
- Raj PN, Prashant SB. DPRAODV: A dyanamic learning system against blackhole attack in aodv based manet. IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science. 2009; 2:54–9.
- Anchugam CV, Thangadurai K. Detection of Black Hole Attack in MobileAd-hoc Networks using Ant ColonyOptimization – simulation Analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(13):1–10.
- Kumar V, Kumar R. An Adaptive Approach for Detection of Blackhole Attack in Mobile Ad hoc Network. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 48:472–79.
- Arya N, Singh U, Singh S. Detecting and avoiding of worm hole attack and collaborative blackhole attack on MANET using trusted AODV routing algorithm. International Conference on Computer, Communication and Control (IC4), India. 2015. p. 1–5.
- Biswas S, Nag T, Neogy S. Trust based energy efficient detection and avoidance of black hole attack to ensure secure routing in MANET. Applications and Innovations in Mobile Computing (AIMoC), Kolkata, India. 2014; 157–64.
- Wahane G, Kanthe AM, Simunic D. Detection of cooperative black hole attack using crosschecking with truelink in MANET. IEEE International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research (ICCIC), Zagreb. 2014. p. 1–6.
- Choudhary N, Tharani L. Preventing Black Hole Attack in AODV using timer-based detection mechanism. International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Engineering Systems (SPACES), India. 2015. p. 1–4.
- Sen J, Koilakonda S, Ukil A. A Mechanism for Detection of Cooperative Black Hole Attack in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks . Second International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation, India. 2011. p. 338–43.
- Tsou PC, Chang JM, Lin YH, Chao HC, Chen JL. Developing a BDSR scheme to avoid black hole attack based on proactive and reactive architecture in MANETs. 13th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT), Taiwan, R.O.C. 2011. p. 755–60.
- Balan EV, Priyan MK, Gokulnath C, Devi GU. Fuzzy Based Intrusion Detection Systems in MANET. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 50:109–14.
- Manoranjini J, Chandrasekar A, Rajinigirinath D. Hybrid Detector for Detection of Black Holes in Manets. IERI Procedia. 2013; 4:376–82.
- Mohanapriya M, Krishnamurthi I. Trust Based DSR Routing Protocol for Mitigating Cooperative Black Hole Attacks in Ad Hoc Networks. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. 2014; 39(3):1825–33.
- Babu RM, Usha G. A Novel Honeypot Based Detection and Isolation Approach (NHBADI) To Detect and Isolate Black Hole Attacks in MANET. Wireless Personal Communications. 2016; 1–15.
- Dorri A. An EDRI-based approach for detecting and eliminating cooperative black hole nodes in MANET. Wireless Networks. 2016; 11(1):1–12.
- Mishra A, Jaiswal R, Sharma S. A novel approach for detecting and eliminating cooperative black hole attack using advanced DRI table in Ad hoc Network. IEEE 3rd International Conference on Advance Computing Conference IACC. 2013. p. 499–504.
- Vijaya Kumar K, Somasundaram K. Detection of black hole attacks in manets by using proximity set method. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security. 2016; 14(3):136–45.
- Vennila G, Arivazhagan A, Manickasankari N. Prevention of co-operative black hole attack in manet on DSR protocol using cryptographic algorithm. International Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2014; 6(5):2401–05.
- Arora SK, Vijan S, Gaba GS. Detection and analysis of black hole attack using IDS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(20):1–5.
- Junhai L, Mingyu F, Danxia Y. Black hole attack prevention based on authentication mechanism. 11th IEEE Singapore International Conference on Communication Systems, China . 2008. p. 173–77.
- Su MY. Prevention of selective black hole attacks on mobile ad hoc networks through intrusion detection systems. Computer Communications. 2011; 34(1):107–17.
- Shahabi S, Ghazvini M, Bakhtiarian M. A modified algorithm to improve security and performance of AODV protocol against black hole attack. Wireless Networks. 2015; 22(5):1–7.
- Singh PK, Sharma G. An Efficient Prevention of Black Hole Problem in AODV Routing Protocol in MANET. IEEE 11th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications, India. 2012. p. 902–06.
- Amiri R, Rafsanjani MK, Khosravi E. Black Hole Attacks Detection by Invalid IP Addresses in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(4):401–8.
- Jhaveri RH. MR-AODV, A Solution to Mitigate Blackhole and Grayhole Attacks in AODBased MANETs. Third International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies, India. 2013. p. 254–60.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.