Total views : 384
Data Gathering in Wireless Sensor and Actor Networks
Objective: To develop a command based active Actor node command which controls the WSAN network. Network areas of research is growing drastically in the field with the advancement of Wireless sensor network and Wireless sensor and actor network. Methods/Analysis: Data gathering method was used for collecting the information of sensor nodes in a network. Using this method, data gradients values of the nodes are stored efficiently in the cache of the actor node. Efficient path method is used to route the path from actor node to the destination node based on routing. Next load balancing method is used to balance the node efficiency in a WSAN, effectively. Lastly, we used recharge method which recharges the sensor nodes effectively using list available in actor nodes. Findings: Various experiments were conducted based on energy consumption, load balance, packet delivery, power consumption and compared with the WSN. It was shown that the entire command based Actor node gave better results in WSAN's. Application/Improvement: Hence, new commands can be written to merge different types of WSAN's based on topology structure and energy efficiency.
Data Gathering, Gradient, Path and Routing, WSAN’s.
- Gu Y, Bozdag D, Ekici E, Ozguner F, Lee C-G. Partitioning based mobile element scheduling in wireless sensor networks. Proceedings of IEEE Secon’05; 2005. p. 386–95.
- Jain S, Shah R, Brunette W, Borriello G, Roy S. Exploiting mobility for energy efficient data collection in wireless sensor networks. Mobile Networking Applications. 2006; 11(3):327–39.
- Kunz T. Multicasting in mobile ad-hoc networks: Achieving high packet delivery ratios. Proceedings of the 2003 Conference of the Centre for Advanced Studies on Collaborative Research, CASCON ‘03; 2003. p. 156–70.
- Mao G, Fidan B, Anderson B. Wireless sensor network localization techniques. Computer Networks. 2007; 51(11):2529–53.
- McCanne S, Floyd S. NS-Network Simulator. Available from: http://wwwmash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/
- Melodia T, Pompili D, Akyildiz I. A communication architecture for mobile wireless sensor and actor networks. Proceedings of IEEE Secon’06; 2006.
- Chong C-Y, Kumar SP. Sensor networks: Evolution, opportunities, and challenges. Proceedings of the IEEE. 2003 Aug; 91(8).
- Gardner JW, Varadan VK, Awadelkarim OO. Microsensors, MEMS and smart devices. New York: Wiley; 2001.
- Akyildiz IF, Su W, Sankarasubramaniam Y, Cayirci E. Wireless sensor networks: A survey. Computer Networks. 2002; 38(4):393–422.
- Petriu EM, Georganas ND, Petriu DC, Makrakis D, Groza VZ. Sensor-based information appliances. IEEE Instrumentation and Measurement Magazine. 2000; 3(4):31–5.
- Chow M, Tipsuwan Y. Network-based control systems. Proceedings of IEEE IECon 2001 Tutorial; Denver, CO. 2001 Nov 28–Dec 2. p. 1593–602.
- Haenggi M. Mobile sensor-actuator networks: Opportunities and challenges. Proceedings 7th IEEE Int Workshop; Frankfurt, Germany. 2002 Jul. p. 283–90.
- Gerkey BP, Mataric MJ. A market-based formulation of sensor-actuator network coordination. Proceedings of the AAAI Spring Symposium on Intelligent Embedded and Distributed Systems; Palo Alto, CA. 2002 Mar 25–27. p. 21–6.
- Zheng J, Guo S-J, Qu Y-G, Zhao B-H. Energy equalizing routing for fast data gathering in wireless sensor networks. The Journal of China Universities of Posts and Telecommunications. 20016 Mar; 14(4):13–21.
- Implementation of smart sleep mechanism and hybrid data collection technique for maximizing network lifetime in WSN’s. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9).
- Pandey GK, Singh AP. Energy conservation and efficient data collection in WSN-ME: A survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17).
- Kumar SA, Ilango P. Data funnelling in wireless sensor networks: A comparative study. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(5):212–9.
- Vennila G, Arivazhagan D, Manickasankari N. Rapidly gathering information in wireless sensor networks using Demand Assigned Multiple Access (DAMA) with Multiple Access Collision Avoidance (MACA). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 7(S7):1541–4.
- Karthick N, Kalarani XA. An improved method for handling and extracting useful information from big data. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(133):1756–9.
- Saranya R, Umamakeswari A. Energy aware data aggregation with sink relocation to improve the network lifetime. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(9):215–9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.