Total views : 316
Multi Voltage Multi Circuit Transmission Tower Design to Reduce Right of Way
Objectives: To design multi-voltage multi-circuit transmission tower to reduce right of way (RoW). Methods/Statistical Analysis: In order to reduce right of way structural optimization and electro-magnetic analysis should be carried out. Structural optimization includes various factors like conductor configuration, cross arm arrangement, wind loadings. The tower is designed using Staad Pro and the structure is validated for various wind loadings and stresses. Electro-static and magneto-static fields around the tower are analyzed and are brought down to limits by choosing optimal phase sequence. This analysis is carried out using Ansoft Maxwell. Findings: The designed structure withstands all the permissible stresses. Electro-static and magneto-static fields around the designed tower are found to be within the specified limits specified by standards. This design is found to be cost effective with respect to right of way when a transmission line is considered. Application / Improvements: Narrow base width is considered which also aids in optimized right of way. This tower design can hold three voltages (400kV, 220kV, 33kV) and six circuits. The height of the tower is maintained in normal range by structural optimization.
MVMCT, Narrow based Tower, Right of Way
- Dezelak K, Stumberger G, Jakl F. Arrangements of overhead power line conductors related to the electromagnetic field limits. Modern Electric Power Systems Wroclaw, Poland; 2010.
- Raghavendra T. Computer aided analysis and structural optimization of transmission line tower. International Journal of Advanced Engineering Technology; 2012.
- Sakthivel S, Sanjeevir. Analysis and design of multi circuit transmission line tower. International Journal of Emerging Technology in CSE. 2015; 13(1):1–6.
- Liu W. Research on electromagnetic character of 500/220kv mixed-voltage quadruple-circuit transmission line. 2015; 9(7):686–93.
- Feng G, Wang Y, Zhang B. Study on electromagnetic environment of multi-circuit transmission lines on same tower. Joint International Conference on Power System Technology and IEEE Power India Conference, New Delhi; 2008. p. 1–5.
- Punse GS. Analysis and design of transmission tower. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research. 2014; 4(1):1–23.
- IS 802 (Part 1 / Sec 1 & Sec 2):1995. Code of practice for use of structural steel in overhead transmission line towers. Part 1Materials, Loads and Permissible Stresses, Section 1: Materials and Loads.
- Manual on Transmission Line Towers. Central Board of Irrigation and Power, New Delhi; 1994.
- IS 802 (Part 2/Sec 2): IS: 802 (Part 1/ Sec 2:1992. Use of structural steel in overhead transmission line tower - code of practice.
- ICNIRP (The International Commission On Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection), guidelines for limiting exposure to time-varying electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields (up to 300Ghz). Health Physics. 1998; 74(4):1262–76.
- Sinthuja S, Kumar JH, Manoharan N. Energy efficient voltage conversion range of multiple level shifter design in multi voltage domain. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Oct; 7(S6):82–6.
- Rao IK, Rukmini MSS, Das RP, Rao PT, Manikanta G. Design of frequency domain induced polarization equipment having optimized frequency of signal transmission. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6):1–5. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i6/85032.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.