Total views : 170
Performance Analysis of Energy Efficient Dynamic Multilayer Cluster Designing Routing Protocol in Wireless Sensor Network
Objective: Reliability and Energy conservation are two main factors to be considered in wireless sensor networks. Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) is widely used in time-critical applications. WSN are resource constrained, so developing energy efficient protocols is a major concern in sensor networks. Multilayer clusters are preferred for sensors used in Remote Monitoring applications. When the position of sensor changes then it becomes very difficult to conserve energy as the cluster head is mainly responsible for delivery of the data. Protocols like EADUC, TLPER follows Multilayer clustering approach. The main aim of this paper is to develop dynamic clusters with less energy consumption. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed method D-MCDA is efficient when the location of nodes varies dynamically and the clusters are formed based on their locations which proves efficient when compared to other protocols. First all the nodes are involved in the formation of the cluster and then the Cluster head is selected. The actual data packet is sent from the source to destination and the consumption of energy is calculated for various protocols and their results are compared. Findings: As energy consumption was the main motivation, use of multilayer and additional cluster heads have reduced the energy consumption by 0.019. The Proposed D-MCDA algorithms have performed better in terms of average energy consumption per node and in the process of designing a cluster. The proposed algorithm is compared with the existing algorithm like TLPER and MCDA. Applications/Improvements: Energy Consumption is very essential in applications like Remote monitoring, process control and automations. Reliability is another issue to be considered as it is another major reason for energy depletion. Reliability on the basis of congestion avoidance scheme, acknowledgement mechanisms can be considered which can reduce the energy consumption to a major level.
Cluster Analysis, Cluster Head, Energy Consumption, Sensor Networks.
- Weng CE, Lai TW. An energy-efficient routing algorithm based on relative identification and direction for wireless sensor networks. Wireless. Personal Communication. 2013; 69(1):253–68.
- Nam CS, Han YS, Shin DR. The cluster-heads selection method considering energy balancing for wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2016:16.
- Nasir HJA, Ku-Mahamud KR. Wireless sensor network: A bibliographical survey. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Oct; 9(38).
- Liu X. A survey on clustering routing protocols in wireless sensor network. Sensors. 2012; 12(8):11113–53.
- Deepa C, Latha B. A comprehensive study on cluster based routing protocols for wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Nov; 9(42).
- Prasad R, Yadav RK. Descendant of LEACH based routing protocol in wireless sensor networks. Procedia Computer Science. 2015; 57:1005–14.
- Jothikumar C, Venkatraman R. A review of hierarchical routing protocol for wireless sensor network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 32(9).
- Li X. A typical hierarchical routing protocols for wireless sensor networks. IEEE Sensor Journal. 2015 Oct.
- Jabbar S, Butt AE, Najm-us-Sehr N, Minhas AA. TLPER: Threshold based Load Balancing Protocol for energy efficient routing in WSN. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT’11), Seoul, South Korea; 2011.
- Yu J, Qi Y, Wang G, Guo Q, Gu X. An energy-aware distributed unequal clustering protocol for wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Network; 2011. p. 1–8.
- Jabbar S, Minhas AA, Paul A, Rho S. MCDA: Multilayer Cluster Designing Algorithm for network lifetime improvement of homogenous wireless sensor networks. Journal of Supercomputer. 2014; 70(1):1–15.
- Akhtar RA, Minhas AA, Jabbar S. Energy aware intracluster routing for wireless sensor networks. International Journal of Hybrid Information Technology. 2010; 13(1): 1–29.
- Yu M, Leng K, Malvankar A. a dynamic clustering and energy efficient routing technique for sensor networks.IEEE Transtion Wireless Communication. 2007; 6(8): 3069–79.
- Abbasi AA, Younis M. A survey on clustering algorithms for wireless sensor networks. Computer Communication.2007; 30(14–15):2826–41.
- Heinzelman W, Chandrakasan A, Balakrishnan H. Energyefficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks Proceedings of the 33rd International Conference on System Sciences, Maui, HI, USA; 2000.
- Shafeeq BMA, Hareesha KS. Dynamic clustering of data with modified K-means algorithm. International Association of Computer Science and Information Technology. 2012; 7.
- Priya SM, Jeevarathinam A. A study on energy routing algorithms using clustering in wireless sensor networks.International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2015 Jun.
- Jabbar S, AliMinhas A, Gohar M, Paul A, Rho S. E-MCDA: Extended-Multilayer Cluster Designing Algorithm for network lifetime improvement of homogenous wireless sensor networks. Hindawi Publishing Corporation. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks. 2015.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.