Total views : 711
Dual Authentication of a Human Being from Simultaneous Study of Palm Pattern and IRIS Recognition
Objective: The present study deals with a dual authentication of a human being from simultaneous analysis of iris pattern and single side of the palm of same person which is expected to form some basis in the dual biometric based authentication to avoid fraudulent activities. Methods/Statistical Analysis: For iris pattern matching, a thorough denoising by LOG Gabor filter of 7X7 dimension is used. Subsequently edge linking and iris boundary detection is carried out by local processing. For palm detection, in the current study the features of front portion of the palm are considered. The tool that will be used for the development purpose is MATLABR2016a, and emphasis will only be on the software for performing recognition. Findings: In the front side, the various mounts, creases, some deep uneven spaces and wrinkles in the human wrist are evaluated. The recognition rate for the human iris pattern has been observed to be around 95.5% while that of palm has yielded 91.99%. Application/Improvement: The aim of the study is to provide better social security and proper identification i.e. authentication of a particular person especially when one biometric is lost due to some severe accident.
Authentication, Human, IRIS, Palm, Pattern, Recognition.
- Phadke S. The Importance of a Biometric Authentication System. The SIJ Transactions on Computer Science Engineering and its Applications (CSEA), 2013Sept-Oct; 1(4):1-5.
- Zajkowska A, Zimnoch W, Saeed K. A Study on the Importance of Biometric Technique Selection in the Protection of Company Resources. Computer Information Systems and Industrial Management Applications. 2007, p. 369-74.
- Kour J, Vashishtha S, Mishra N, Dwivedi G, Arora P. Palmprint Recognition System. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology (IJIRSET). 2013; 2(4):501-15.
- Lipane GS, Gundre SB. Palm Print Recognition Review Paper. International Journals SRG. 2010; 4(2):183-85.
- Kong A, Zhang D, Kamel M. A Survey of Palmprint Recognition. Pattern Recognition. 2009; 42(7):1408-18.
- Zhang WK, Kong J, You M, Wong W. On-line palmprint identification. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. 2003; 25(9):1041–51.
- Guo Z, Zhang L, Zhang D, Mou X. Hierarchical multi scale LBP for face and palmprint recognition. Proceedings of IEEE 17th International Conference on Image Processing. Hong Kong, 2010, p. 4521-24.
- Gayathri R, Ramamoorthy P. A Fingerprint and Palmprint Recognition Approach Based on Multiple Feature Extraction, European Journal of Scientific Research. 2012; 76(4):514-26.
- Daugman J. How Iris Recognition Works, IEEE Trans. Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. 2004; 14(1):21-30.
- Masek R. Recognition of Human Iris Patterns for Biometric Identification, School of Computer Science and Soft Engineering, the University of Western Australia. 2003, 4669, p. 553-63.
- Wildes R, Asmuth J, Green G, Hsu S, Kolczynski R, Matey J, McBride S. A system for automated iris recognition. Proceedings IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision, Sarasota, FL. 1994, p. 121-28.
- Gonzalez RC, Woods RE. Digital Image Processing, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall.2008, p. 594.
- De P, Ghoshal D. Human Iris Recognition for clean Electoral process in India by creating a fraud free voter registration list. Eleventh International Multi- Conference on Information Processing, 2015, p. 134-47.
- Roselin V, Chirchi E, Waghmare LM, Chirchi ER. Iris Biometric Recognition for Person Identification in Security Systems. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2011; 24(9):1-6.
- Zhu Y, Tan T, Wang Y. Biometric personal identification based on iris patterns, In: Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Pattern Recognition, Barcelona.2000, 2, p. 801–04.
- Sujitha R, Lalithamani N. Counter Measures for Indirect Attack for Iris based Biometric Authentication. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19):1-7.
- Manju R, Nargunam AS. Estimation of Performance in Multimodal Biometric based Authentication System using Various Clustering. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Apr; 9(13):1-7.
- Saminathan K, Chakravarthy T, Devi MC. Comparative Study on Biometric Iris Recognition based on Hamming Distance and Multi Block Local Binary Pattern. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 June; 8(11):1-8.
- Le TH. On Approaching Heuristic Weight Mask to Enhance Lbp-Based Profile Face Recognition System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1-7.
- Kim S, Jang B. Development of Bellows Design Software using MATLAB. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(S8):1-6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.