Total views : 280
A Smart Gadget to Analyse the Weather Changes Using SenseHat Sensor and Internet of Things(IoT)
Objectives: In present days, as the technology improves day by day, every one seems to automate most of the possible things to take advantage in providing ease in life. The main objective of this paper is to develop project which monitors the weather with temperature, pressure and humidity values. Method: The proposed method is to build our very own weather dashboard, using Raspberry pi SenseHat and wifiusb nano adapter which captures the weather inside and outside of house over time and sends the data to ThingSpeak. Findings: The code used for the proposed method is developed in python language, which is a default programming language provided by Raspberry Pi and Store’s the results in new channel API Thing speak key, which is an IoT application. Improvements: The reliability of the proposed work can be further improved by using Wireless Sensor Nodes at different places.
API Key, Raspberry Pi, SenseHat, Thing Speak, Wi-fi Adapter.
- Conti L, Francesco F, Pumo D, Incontrera A, Francipane A, Noto LV, Loggia GL. A Weather Monitoring System for the Study of Precipitation Fields, Weather, and Climate. In: An Urban Area. 2014.
- Huang QA, Qin Q, Zhang Z , Zhou Z, Gu G Zhu L , Liu Z. Weather station on a chip. In: Sensors, Proceedings of IEEE, 2003, 2, p. 1106-13.
- Popa M, Iapa C. Embedded weather station with remote wireless control. In: Telecommunications Forum (TELFOR), Belgrade, 19th, 2011, p. 297-300.
- Min L, Ying L, Zhihua S. An embedded remote temperature measurement system. In: Digital Manufacturing and Automation (ICDMA), Fourth International Conference on IEEE Qingdao, 2013, p. 148-51.
- Maksimović M, Mirjana M, Vujović V, Perišić B. Do It Yourself solution of Internet of Things Healthcare System. Measuring Body Parameters and Environmental Parameters Affecting Health. 2016.
- Fang Z, Zhao Z, Du L, Zhang J, Pang C, Geng D. A New portable micro weather station. Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Conference on Nano/Micro Engineered and Molecular Systems Xiamen, China, 2010, p. 379-82.
- Priya G, Divya D, Harish I. Raspberry PI Based Underwater Vehicle for Monitoring Aquatic Ecosystem. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Applications (IJETA). 2015; 2(2):1-7.
- Navya M, Ramachandran P. Development of Secured Home Automation using Social Networking Sites. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(20):1-6.
- Jain S, Vaibhav V, Goyal L. Raspberry Pi based interactive home automation system through E-mail. In: Optimization, Reliability, and Information Technology (ICROIT), International Conference on IEEE. Faridabad, 2014, p. 277-80.
- Krejcar K, Ondrej O. Low cost weather station with remote control. In: Applied Machine Intelligence and Informatics (SAMI), IEEE 10th International Symposium, IEEE, Herl'any, 2012, p. 463-68.
- Han L, Zhen L, Yao LT. The assessment of automatic weather station operating quality based on fuzzy AHP. In: Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ICMLC), International Conference on IEEE, Qingdao, 2010, 3, p. 1164-68.
- Vasiliou A, Economides AA. MANETs for environmental monitoring. In: Telecommunications Symposium, International, IEEE, Fortaleza, Ceara, 2006, p. 813-18.
- Ingole A, Ambatkar S, Kakde S. Implementation of health-care monitoring system using Raspberry Pi. In: Communications and Signal Processing (ICCSP), International Conference on IEEE, Melmaruvathur, 2015 Apr, p. 1083-86.
- Ibrahim I, Mohannad M. Internet of things based smart environmental monitoring using the Raspberry-Pi computer. Digital Information Processing and Communications (ICDIPC), Fifth International Conference on. IEEE, Sierre, 2015, p. 159-64.
- Raspberry Pi Sense HAT, https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-78155/l/raspberry-pi-sense-hat, Date accessed: 12/08/2015.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.