Total views : 269
Modeling and Study of Behavior of Infilled Frames with Different Interface Materials under Static Loading
Objective:The aim of this work is to study the linear behavior of infilled frames with different interface materials like cement mortar, cork and lead under static lateral loading. Method:This paper presents the analytical study of a two bay three storeyed reinforced concrete infilled frame under static lateral loading.A bare frame and infilled frames with various interface materials (cement mortar, cork and lead) have been analysed.Findings:In particular, the paper discusses the lateral stiffness of the frames and gives a comparison on the effect of interface materials on the lateral stiffness of the frames under static lateral load. It is found that cement mortar interface has higher stiffness when compared to lead and cork. Applications/Improvements: The results of this paper can become the basis for further studies on the behaviour of these interface materials under seismic loading.
Infilled Frames, Interface, Lateral Stiffness and Static Loading
- Stavridis A, Shing PB. Finite element modeling of nonlinear behavior of masonry infilled RC frames. Journal of Structural Engineering. 2010 Mar; 136(6):285–96.
- Smith BS, Coull A.Tall building structures: analysis and design. Wiley-Interscience Publications;1991 Jul.
- Govindan P, Lakshmipathy M, Santhakumar AR. Ductility of infilled frames. American Concrete Institute Journal. 1986 Jan; 83(4):567–76.
- Satyanarayanan KS.Studies onthe influence of different interface materials on the elastic behaviour of infilled frames. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research.2009; 4:1579–89.
- Sathiaseelan P, Arulselvan S. Influence of ferro cement retrofit in the stiffened in fill RC frame. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Nov; 8(30):1–6.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i1/55058.
- Schwarz S, Hanaora A, Yankelevsky DZ. Experimental response of reinforced concrete frames with AAC masonry infill walls to in-plane cyclic loading. Structures. 2015 Aug; 3:306–19. o bay three storey frames
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.