Total views : 327
Information Authentication Selection Scheme of IoT Devices using Conditional Probability
Background/Objectives: With the recent development of smart technology, services that connect various objects in daily life with the Internet are increasing. However, there is a possibility that user information (e.g., privacy) may be revealed and maliciously used by third parties in the process of receiving services by connecting things with the Internet. Methods/Statistical Analysis: In this paper, an Internet of Things (IoT) authentication scheme based on joint probability in the IoT environment is proposed, which allows the safe sharing of user information for users of various IoT services. Findings: The proposed scheme improved the security of IoT devices by assigning random variables to critical information of the IoT devices in the information transmission and reception processes. Furthermore, the information of IoT devices to which random variables were assigned was interconnected through joint probability to improve the information accessibility of users. Application/Improvements: The performance evaluation results indicate that the proposed scheme improved security strength by 5.2%, information process time by 7.8%, and lowered the server overhead by 3.5% on average.
Authentication, Cryptography, IoT, Probability Theory, Security.
- Haller S, Karnouskos S, Schroth C. The internet of things in an enterprise context. Future Internet – FIS 2008. 2009; 5468:14–28.
- Raza S, Shafagh H, Hewage K, Hummen R, Voigt T. Lithe: Lightweight secure CoAP for the internet of things. IEEE Sensors Journal. 2013 Aug;13(10):3711–20.
- Roman R, Zhou J, Lopez J. On the features and challenges of security and privacy in distributed internet of things. Computer Networks. 2013 Jul; 57(10):2266–79.
- Trappe W, Howard R, Moore RS. Low-energy security: Limits and opportunities in the internet of things. IEEE Security and Privacy. 2015 Feb; 13(1):14–21.
- Jaffres-Runser K, Schurgot MR, Wang Q, Comaniciu C, Gorce JM. A cross-layer framework for multiobjective performance evaluation of wireless ad hoc networks. Ad Hoc Networks. 2013 Nov; 11(8):2147–71.
- Ning HS, Liu H, Yang LT. Cyberentity security in the internet of things. Computer. 2013 Mar; 46(4):46–53.
- Heer T, Garcia-Morchon O, Hummen R, Keoh SL, Kumar SS, Wehrle K. Security challenges in the ipbased internet of things. Wireless Personal Comomunications. 2011; 61(3):527–42.
- Raymond DR, Midkiff SF. Denial of service in wireless sensor networks: Attakcs and Defenses. Pervasive Computing. 2008 Jan; 7(1):74–81.
- Gupta V, Wurm M, Zhu Y, Millard M, Fung S, Gura N, Eberle H, Shantz SC. Sizzle: A standards – based end to end security architecture for the embeded internet. Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Mobile Computing; Kauai Island, Hawaii. 2005. 425–46.
- Tobias H, Oscar GM, Rene H, Sye LK, Sandeep SK, Klaus W. Security challenges in the ip based interent of things. Wireless Personal Communications. 2011 Dec; 61(3):527– 4.
- Weber RH. Internet of things: New security and privacy challenges. Computer Law and Security Review. 2010 Jan; 26(1):23–30.
- Roman R, Najera P, Lopez J. Securing the internet of things. Computer. 2011 Sep; 44(9):51–8.
- Raza S. Lightweight security solutions for the internet of things. Malardalen University Press Dissertations; 2013. p. 1651-5238.
- Raza S, Shafagh H, Hewage K, Hummen R, Voigt T. Lithe: Lightweight secure CoAP for the internet of things. IEEE Sensor Journals. 2013 Aug; 13(10):3711–20.
- Trabalza D. Implementation and evaluation of datagram transport layer security for the android operating system. KTH Royal Institute of Technology; 2013. p. 61.
- Raymond DR, Midkiff SF. Denial of service in wireless sensor networks: Attacks and Defenses. Pervasive Computing. 2008 Jan; 7(1):74–81.
- Gupta V, Wurm M, Zhu Y, Millard M, Fung S, Gura N, Eberle H, Shantz SC. Sizzle: A standards – based end to end security architecture for the embeded internet. Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications; Kauai Island, Hawaii. 2005. p. 425–45.
- Jeong YS, Kim YT, Park GC. Data security scheme for multiple attribute information in big data environment. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(24):1–7.
- Jeong YS. Parallel processing scheme for minimizing computational and communication cost of bioinformatics data. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–8.
- Yun SY, Min SH. a fault-tolerant bootstrap server for a system with a very large number of personal healthcare devices. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(25):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.