Total views : 421
Study of the Optimization of the SCR Catalyst Position in by Exhaust System of using Mixer
Background/Objectives: This research analyzes the influence of Urea SCR System's mixer and optimization of the Catalyst's position through post technologies in order to satisfy the Euro 6 regulations. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The simplified modeling was facilitated to interpret the current exhaust system. Considering the latter as the background, ANSYS was used for the Analysis. As for the method of Analysis, 5 flux variables were considered from exhaust flux of 1,000rpm~3,000 rpm in increments of 500 rpm. Findings: When the flux passes through the mixer, the speed dispersion increased and as the rpm increased, the results showed that 1,000 rpm compared to 3,000 rpm, the back pressure elevated over 500 Pa. By assessing the degree of uniformity, the uniformity expanded faster at high rpm and in low rpm, the flux itself is low so the uniformity gradually increased as it reached the latter part. Overall efficiency of over 95% was achieved at approximately 15~20 cm and in the points after that, the degree of uniformity gradually decreased in the graph. Therefore, it was determined that optimal position for the SCR catalyst should be 20~50 cm from the posterior of the mixer. Application/Improvements: This research was analyzed of the distribution uniformity effect in the exhaust system, the analysis result could be optimized of catalyst-position and improved uniformity index.
Back Pressure, Exhaust System, Mixer, SCR Catalyst, Uniformity Index.
- Choe MS, Choi DS. Flow analysis on formation of backpressure in exhaust system applying electronic-variable valve. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(21).
- Park YS, Bae CS. Combustion and emissions characteristics of a diesel engine with the variation of the HP/LP EGR proportion. Transactions of KSAE. 2014; 22(7):90–7.
- Jung YJ, Hong SG, Kim MC, Lee JJ, Lee GW, Shon BH. Numerical study for flow uniformity in Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) process. Journal of the Korea AcademiaIndustrial Cooperation Society. 2011; 12(10):4666–72.
- Park KG, Lee WS, Lee SW, Kang HI, Rha WY, Son YG, Im IH, Hwang JW. A study about NOx reduction of the NH3SCR catalyst for a diesel engine. Annual Conference of KSAE; 2007. p. 264–9.
- Ko SC, Jeung JH, Oh KC, Kim HG, Lee CH, Lee CB. A study on the NOx reduction rate and fluid mixing characteristics depending on the mixer configurations in urea-SCR systems. Annual Conference of KSAE; 2011. p. 615–20.
- Park MJ, Chang HS, Ha JS. Numerical study on the baffle structure for determining the flow characteristic in small scale SCR system. Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers. 2010; 32(9):862–9.
- Jeong SJ, Kim WS, Park JK, Lee HK, Oh SD. The development and implementation of model-based control algorithm of urea-SCR dosing system for improving De-NOx performance and reducing NH3-slip. Transactions of KSAE. 2012; 20(1):95–105.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.