Total views : 252
A Study on the Establishment of Policing Governance by Utilizing Big Data based on Cloud
Background/Objectives: This study is to confirm the possibility of crime prevention and response by analyzing crime data that is stored as separate database for each institution. This method has the advantage of faster and more accurate information sharing. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To this end, we first look over the link between Cloud and Big Data then present an efficient procedure for utilizing the proposed method by analyzing case studies of each sector in accordance with the establishment of Policing Governance. In the field of crime prevention concerning a crime, related with Policing Governance establishment. Findings: First, we collect the data related to the crime and the damage that is possessed by various agencies such as the police, criminal justice agency and others in order to expand the collection channel. Crime related data refers to the information of criminal identification, crime locations, time, and date that is possessed by public agencies, private organizations, and non-profit organizations respectively. Second, collected data is stored and categorized within each crime category in a Cloud zone for proper analyzation. Finally, analyzed data is sent to each agency for real time visual observation in need. Based on the integrated information analysis, patrols and security can be reinforced on the anticipated crime scene and time. As a result, crime prevention possibility can be enhanced through flexible operation of the police force. Application/Improvements: This is to diversify the collection channel and it also acts as a complementary measure for the disadvantages of existing system since it stores the data in a Cloud zone that allows easier access and usability. In terms of information utilization aspect, it is expected to be useful for solving and reducing crime as all the related agencies.
Big Data, Cloud, Crime Prevention, Data Mining Analysis, Policing Governance.
- Korean National Police Agency. Statistical Yearbook of the Police; 2014.
- Han J-S. Utilization outlook of medical big data in the cloud environment. Journal of Society of Digital Policy and Management. 2015 Jun; 12(6):341–7.
- Jayalekshmi MB, Krishnaveni SH. A study of data storage security issues in cloud computing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(24):1–5.
- Kang M-M, Kim S-N. The trends and prospects in cloudbased big data technology. Journal of Communications of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers. 2014 Feb; 32(2):22–31.
- Kim H-J, et al. Cloud computer technical realization. Acorn; 2011.
- Cha G-H, Kim K-H, Hwang Y-M, Lee D-C, Kim S-J, Kim J-Y. Implementation of crime pattern analysis algorithm using big data. Journal of the Korea Society of Space Technology. 2014 Dec; 9(4):57–62.
- Jeon J-H, Jeongh S-R. Developing a child sexual assualt prevention system using big data. Journal of Korean Society for Internet Information. 2014 Mar; 15(1):123–4.
- Park S-J. Policing governance: A network approach to juvenile delinquency prevention. Journal of International Review of Public Administration. 2003 Mar; 37(1):271–91.
- National Information Society Agency. ICT Issues Weekly 511; 2015.
- Kim H-J, Lee J-H, Kim U-M. The crime prevention system using the method of dealing with big data based on NoSQL. Journal of Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Science. 2014 Sep; 8(2):375–8.
- Kim J-H. Technique for indentifying cyber crime using clue. Journal of the Korea Institute of Information Security and Cryptology. 2015 Aug; 25(4):767–80.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.