Total views : 551
Cyber Security Issues in Connected Vehicle of Intelligent Transport System
Background/Objectives: Requirement for security and safety with interest and growth to C-ITS application is increased. It is needed to security threat issue and risk consideration in the connected vehicle environment. Methods/Statistical Analysis: For efficient communication assistance of connected vehicle, the understanding and access of WAVE mode such as CCH, SCH for multi channel and WSMP specification are preferred in control, communication and signal processing for cooperative intelligence transport system. In security risk assessment and debugging, it is applied to reviewing of source code, analysis and evaluating of compliance, fuzzing and conducting of vulnerability. Findings: Main objectives of this article are to see risk issue and cyber threats in connected vehicle of ITS. Understanding for issues of risk assessment such as debugging, fuzzing, real time application, evaluating of compliance, connectivity and computational performance are required. Also for build up security of ITS it should be established guideline of ITS security factors such as PKI, security architecture, cost and interoperable solution. Application/Improvements: The risk assessment and cyber threats are basically emphasized guideline of ITS security and safety in terms of cyber security procedure and security considerations.
Intelligence Traffic Security, Standard, Traffic, Vehicle Communication.
- Varga N, Borkor L, Fishcer HJ. LDM based dynamic network discovery and selection for IPv6 mobility management optimization in C-ITS environments. Proceedings of MT-ITS; Hungary. 2015. p. 483–90.
- Madakam S, Ramaswamy R. Sustainable smart city: Masdar (UAE) (A City: Ecologically Balanced). Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(6):1–8.
- Sagar TSJ, Balamurugan MS, Vivek JA. A wireless framework for automotive monitoring systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–9.
- Rockl M, Robertson P. Data dissemination in cooperative ITS from an information centric perspective. Proceedings of IEEE ICC; South Africa. 2010. p. 1–6.
- Jeong HJ, Kafle VP, Yoo H, Kim D. HIMALIS-C-ITS: Fast and secure mobility management scheme based on HIMALIS for cooperative ITS service in future networks. Proceedings of ICUFN; Vietnam. 2013. p. 60–5.
- Wymeersch H, de Campos GR, Falcone P, Svensson L, Strom EG. Challenges for cooperative ITS: Improving road safety through the integreation of wireless communications. Control and Positioning. Proceedings of ICCNC; USA. 2015. p. 573–8.
- Cincilla P, Kaiser A, Lonc B, Labiod H. Security of C-ITS messages: A practical solution. Proceedings of NTMS; France. 2015. p. 1–5.
- Feiri M, Pielage R, Petit J, Zannone N, Kargl F. Pre-distribution of certificates for pseudonym broadcast authentication in VANET. Proceedings of VTC; UK. 2015. p. 1–5.
- Suthaputchakun C, Ganz A. Secure priority based Inter-vehicle communication MAC protocol for highway safety messaging. Proceedings of IEEE ISWCS; Norway. 2007. p. 518–23.
- IT Security Center. Approaches for vehicle information security: Information security for networked vehicles. Proceedings of IPA Information Technology Promotion Agency; Japan. 2013. p. 1–48.
- Onishi H. Guidelines for vehicle cyber security. Proceedings of World Congress SAE; USA. 2014. p. 1–26.
- NHTSA. National Institute of Standards and Technology Cybersecurity Risk Management Framework Applied to Modern Vehicles. October 2014. p. 1–27.
- Kleberger P, Olovsson T, Jonsson E. Security aspects of the In-vehicle network in the connected car. Proceedings of IEEE IV; Germany. 2011. p. 528–33.
- Jonsson E, Pirrzadeh L. A framework for security metrics based on operational system attributes. Proceedings of IWSMM; Canada. 2011. p. 58–61.
- Sagstetter F, Lukasiewycz M, Steinhorst S. Security challenges in automotive hardware/software architecture design. Proceedings of DATE; France. 2013. p. 458–63.
- Knapik P, Schoch E, Kargl F. Electronic decal: A security function based on V2X communication. Proceedings of VTC; Canada. 2014. p. 1–14.
- Zhang T, Antunes H, Aggarwal S. Defending connected vehicles against malware: Challenges and a solution framework. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. 2014; 1(1):10–21.
- Alesiani F. Towards collaborative mobility. Proceedings of ITS WC.; Japan. 2013. p. 1–22.
- Bittersohl C. Automotive cyber security: Developing a thriving security ecosystem within automotive organizations. White Paper of Timothy G. Thoppil. P3 North America Inc; p. 1–22.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.