Total views : 227
Efficient Utilization Condition of MACD on Stock Market and Nontrend Status Detecting Indicatior
Background/Objectives: In the trend stock market, when low frequency components determine wave form of stock price, MACD can be useful for predicting stock price. The MA and MACD occurs time delay and whipsaw problem. In order to use the MACD efficiently, we propose indicators are derived from the power measurement of the price waveform. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed method differentiates trend market against nontrend market. In this method, given stock signal is converted into the sum of many frequency components by using the fourier transform and the power of low frequency components is measured. Findings: When power values increase rapidly it is highly likely that market is in trend market and when the values linearly decrease then the inflection point in stock price waveform can be occurred. Therefore, once appropriate reference line is set up, one can determine that trend market is in progress if values increase passing the reference line, that opposite trend market after inflection point is in progress if values decrease passing the reference line using power calculation. Improvements/Applications: The market is determined as 'trend market' if the power value is larger enough, and it is remarkably helpful and particularly useful at automatic trading systems.
Novel Index, Nontrend Market, Power Calculation, Power Value, Trend Market.
- Nahin PJ. Dr. Euler’s Fabulous Formula, Princeton University Press, Ch. 4, Sect. 4; 2006
- Chen CT. Linear system theory and design, Oxford; 2012.
- Orfanidis SJ. Introduction to signal processing, Prentice Hall Inc.; 2010.
- Redzepagic S, Andjelic G, Eric D. Application of MACD and RVI indicators as functions of investment strategy optimization on the financial market, Journal of Economics and Business. 2009; 27(1):171–96.
- Chong T T-L, Ng W-K, Liew V K-S. Revisiting performance of MACD and RSI oscillators. Journal of Risk and Financial Management. 2014; 7(1):1–12
- Lee JY, Hwang SM. Efficient utilization condition of MACD and nontrend status detecting index. KISS Spring Proceeding; 2015. p. 630–32.
- Kim CY. An empirical study on the usefulness of technical analysis: focusing on MACD and PBGT, Master Dissertation of KAIST; 2003
- Sung K. Study on the trading feasibility using Gibbs effect. Collection of Journal, Daejeon University, Industrial Technical Laboratory. 2007; 18(1):10–17.
- Hwang SM, Lee JH. Design and implementation of JAVA dynamic testing tool using instrumentation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014; 8(S1):475–80. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS1/59426.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.