Total views : 342
Quality Control Measures for Distance Education Institutions that are Part of the Academic Credit Bank System
Background/Objectives: This study discusses quality control measures for use in distance education institutions that are part of the academic credit bank system of lifelong education in South Korea. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study proposes a standard model, which measures quality control from two perspectives, namely, learning content and Learning Management Systems (LMS). Findings: This model will operate as a guideline for the development of a quality control system in distance education institutions. As self-directed learning programs are important in measuring quality control from the content viewpoint, this paper suggests pre-quiz narratives, thinking, formative assessment, regular tests, assignments, and discussion methods. Application/Improvements: The study aims to contribute to the field of quality education by ensuring that the distance learning education system in South Korea meets a specific level of education quality in the future.
Academic Credit Bank System, Distance Education, E-learning, LMS, Quality Control.
- Romiszowski A. How’s the e-learning baby factors leading to success or failure of an educational technology innovation. Educational Technology. 2004; 44(1):5‒27.
- ISO SC36. Information technology for learning, education and training—Quality management, assurance and metrics—Part 2: harmonized quality model, ISO/IEC TC JTC1/SC 36/WG 5; 2007.
- British Educational Communications and Technology Agency (Becta). Harnessing technology review 2007: Progress and impact of technology in education. Becta; 2007.
- Kim S, Jung Y, Han J, Choi W. Academic credit bank system introduction and implementation plan. Seoul: Ministry of Education; 1996.
- Hong S, Kim J, Eom T. An exploratory study on the educational quality assurance model for national open university. Korea National Open University Distance Education. 1998; 11:37‒58.
- Jelfs A. Assessing quality assurance definitions for distance education. Proceedings for the Eleventh Annual Conference and Exhibition of the Asian Association of Open Universities. 1997; 2:160‒65.
- Green D. What is quality in higher education concept policy and practice. Green D, editor. What is quality in higher education Society for Research into Higher Education & Open University Press; 1994.
- Park Y, Lim K. Effects of environmental and human constructs on e-learning effectiveness in online university settings. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(1):103–09. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS1/57729.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.