Total views : 246
Detecting and Replacing Beacon Node Failure and Secure Communication in WSNs (DRBF)
Objective: The objective of this scheme is to improve the quality of service in WSNs. Method: In this paper, we propose Detecting and Replacing Beacon Node Failure (DRBF) and Secure Communication in WSNs. DRBF focus on Beacon Node Failure and reliable data transmission in WSNs. Findings: The beacon node fails due to resource, hardware failure or some other reasons whereas the Base Station (BS) replaces that beacon node by mobile user. This mobile user acts as the beacon nodes and updates the location information to the sensor nodes. The cryptography key technique provides secure data transmission to the network. Improvement: The DRBF reduces both the packet loss rate and delay, which are shown in the simulation results.
Beacon Node, Clustering, Key Management, Localization, Mobile User, Security.
- Panahi FT, Haghighat AT, Panahi FT. Wireless Sensor Networks localization based on QoS by using one beacon. Third IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN); Dalian. 2011. p. 214–9.
- Shen H, Zhao L. ALERT: An Anonymous Location-based Efficient Routing protocol in MANETs. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2013; 12(6):1079–93.
- Xiao B, Chen L, Xiao Q, Li M. Reliable anchor-based sensor localization in irregular areas. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing. 2010; 9(1):60–72.
- Edake GM, Pathak GR, Patil SH. Secure Localization and location verification of Wireless Sensor Network. Fourth IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT); DC. 2014. p. 673–6.
- Zhu C, Wu S, Han G, Shu L, Wu H. A Tree-Cluster-Based Data-Gathering Algorithm for Industrial WSNs with a mobile sink. IEEE Access. 2015; 3(1):381–96.
- Leu JS, Chiang TH, Yu MC, Su, KW. Energy efficient clustering scheme for prolonging the lifetime of Wireless Sensor Network with Isolated Nodes. Communications Letters, IEEE. 2015; 19(2):259–62.
- Shang Y, Ruml W, Zhang Y, Fromherz M. Localization from connectivity in sensor networks. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. 2004; 15(11): 961–74.
- Zou Y, Chakrabarty K. Energy-aware target localization in Wireless Sensor Networks. Proceedings of the First IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (PerCom 2003); 2003. p. 60–7.
- Liu D, Lee MC, Wu D. A node-to-node location verification method. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2010; 57(5):1526–37.
- Liu D, Ning P, Du WK. Attack-resistant location estimation in sensor networks. Proceedings of the IEEE 4th International Symposium on Information Processing in Sensor Networks; 2005. p. 13.
- Miao C, Dai G, Ying K, Chen Q. Collaborative localization and location verification in WSNs. Sensors. 2015; 15(5):10631–49.
- Ekici E, Vural S, McNair J, Al-Abri D. Secure probabilistic location verification in randomly deployed Wireless Sensor Networks. Ad Hoc Networks. 2008; 6(2):195–209.
- Fang L, Du W, Ning P. A beacon-less location discovery scheme for Wireless Sensor Networks. INFOCOM. 24th Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies. Proceedings. 2005; 1(1):161–71.
- Labraoui N, Mourad G, Makhlouf A. Secure DV‐hop localization scheme against wormhole attacks in Wireless Sensor Networks. Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies. 2012; 23(4):303–16.
- Cuong DD, Tam NV, Hieu NG. Improving multipath routing protocols performance in mobile ad hoc networks based on QoS cross-layer routing. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i19/92304.
- Kaliyamurthie KP, Parameswari D, Udayakumar R. QoS aware privacy preserving location monitoring in Wireless Sensor Network. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2013 May; 6(S5). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2013/v6i5S/33368.
- Rajkumar K, Swaminathan P. Combining TCP and UDP for secure data transfer. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 May; 8(S9). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS9/65569.
- Abinaya R, Kamakshi S. Improving QoS using Artificial Neural Networks in Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(12). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i12/63283.
- Sasi SB, Sivanandam N. A survey on cryptography using optimization algorithms in WSNs. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Feb; 8(3). DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i3/59585.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.