Total views : 246
Analysis of the Degree to which ICT use by College Students in Departments of Radiology has on their Learning
Background/Objectives: As ICT has become more popular in the information society, radiology students have been increasing their use of IT devices in their studies. The purpose of this study was to analyze how much ICT use has been helping radiology students in Korea. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To accomplish the purpose of this study, a total of 650 college sophomores, juniors and seniors majoring in radiology were recruited through stratified sampling. The difference in awareness of the helpfulness of ICT use to their studies was then analyzed using one-way ANOVA (F-test) and χ2, etc. Findings: The results showed that those students who are using ICT well received more benefit in class preparation, class activities and evaluation. In particular, ICT use proved to be helpful in improving their overall academic abilities. Among the range of class materials available, it was found that students preferred videos the most, followed by materials comprised of images and descriptions. Application/Improvements: There was also found a statistically significant difference in their preference depending on ICT use. It is necessary to help ensure that students can take advantage of a lot of ICT for their study.
F-test, ICT, ICT Use, Radiology, Radiology Students.
- Harwood P, Asal V. Educating the first digital generation. Westport,Conn.: Praeger; 2007.
- Howell JD. Digital mismatch: Expectations and realities of digital competency amongst pre-service education students. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology. 2012; 28(5):827–40.
- Lee SJ, Kim JM, Lee WG. Analysis of elementary students’ ICT literacy and their self-evaluation according to their residential environments.Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015; 8(S1):81–8.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/ v8iS1/57595.
- Machin S, McNally S, Silva O. New technologies in schools: is there a payoff? The Economic Journal. 2007; 117(522):1145–67.
- Yu BG, Kim JM, Lee WG. Consideration for the acquisition of the concept of object in the robot programming.Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015; 8(26):1–6.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i26/80652.
- Hüsing T, Selhofer H. The digital divide index – a measure of social inequalities in the adoption of ICT. ECIS 2002. 2002 Jun 6-8:1273–86.
- Tichenor PJ, Olien CN, Donohue GA. Mass media flow and differential growth in knowledge. Public Opinion Quarterly. 1970; 34:159–70.
- Norris P. A virtuous circle : political communications in post industrial societies. Cambridge University Press, New York; 2000.
- Wilson EJ. The information revolution and developing countries. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA; 2006.
- Okamoto T. The knowledge circulated-organizational management for accomplishing e-learning.Knowledge Management & E-Learning: An International Journal. 2009; 1(1):1–17.
- JaeKwon S, JaMee K, WonGyu L. Analysis of the relationship of computer science literacy to giftedness in gifted elementary school students. The Journal of Korea Association of Information Education. 2011; 15(3):365–73.
- Lee SJ, Kim JM, Lee WG. Measurement of university students’ IT capabilities.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(25):1–5.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i21/79076.
- Chun E, Evans A. Bridgingthe diversity divide: Globalization and reciprocal empowerment in higher education. Hoboken, New Jersey: Wiley; 2009.
- Kim MC, Kim JK. Digital divide : conceptual discussions and prospect. Human Society and the Internet, Preceedings( LNCS). 2001; 2105:78–91.
- Korea Education Research & Information Service. Analyzing the ICT literacy test in Korea –elementary and secondary school – 2011. KERIS. KR 2011-4; 2011.
- Educational Testing Service(ETS). ICT literacy assessment [Internet]. [Cited 2006 Jul 15]. Available from: http://www.ets.org/Media/Products/ICT_Literacy/demo2/index.html.
- Ministerial Council on Education, Employment, Training and Youth Affairs (MCEETYA). National Assessment Program - ICT Literacy Years 6 & 10 Report, Carlton: Curriculum Corporation; 2007.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.