Total views : 206
Energy Optimization in Cloud by Appling Horizontal clustering
Task consolidation technology in Cloud Computing is an upcoming advancement and an effective approach to decrease the energy-consumption. Cloud environment application provider’s main goal is to consume the resources perfectly and gain maximum profit. This goal leads to job scheduling as a main focus and challenging issues in cloud environment. So for this, in this paper, horizontal clustering technique is applied on job to cluster the list of jobs from the same level. The clustering of task takes place on the basis of priority of tasks. The similar property tasks cluster on one machine as to execute similar tasks collectively.
Cloud Computing, Datacenter Architecture, Energy Consumption, Horizontal Clustering Scheduling.
- Bilgaiyan S, Sagnika S, Das M. Workflow scheduling in Cloud Computing environment using cat swarm optimization. 2014 IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC); Gurgaon. 2014. p. 680–5.
- Priya B, Pili ES, Joshi C. A survey on energy and power consumption models for greener cloud. 2013 IEEE 3rd International Advance Computing Conference (IACC); Ghaziabad. 2013. p. 76–82.
- Chawala Y, Bhonsle M. A study on scheduling methods in Cloud Computing. 2012 International Journal of Emerging Trends and Technology in Computer Science. 2012; 1(3):12–7.
- Dong Z, Liu N, Rojas-Cessa R. Greedy scheduling of tasks with time constraints for energy-efficient Cloud Computing Data Centres. 2015 Journal of Cloud Computing Advances Systems and Applications. 2014; 4:5.
- Zhao Q, Xiong C, Yu C, Zhang C, Zhao X. A new energy-aware task scheduling method for data-intensive applications in the cloud. 2016 Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2016; 59:14–27.
- Kliazovich D, Arzo ST, Granelli F, Bouvry P, Khan SU.e-STAB: Energy efficiency scheduling for Cloud Computing with traffic load balance. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Green Computing and Communication and IEEE Internet of things and IEEE Cyber, Physical and Social computing; Beijing. 2013. p. 7–13.
- Gkatzikis L, Koutsopoulos I. Migrate or not? Exploiting dynamic task migration in mobile Cloud Computing systems.IEEE Wireless Communications. 2013; 20(3):24–32.
- Ravai HA, Bheda HA, Patel VJ. Genetic Algorithm based resource scheduling technique in Cloud Computing.International Journal of Advance Research in Computer Science and Management Studies. 2013; 1(7):1–7.
- Karthikeyan R, Chitra P. Novel heuristics energy efficiency approach for cloud Data Center. 2012 IEEE International Conference on Advanced Communication Control and Computing Technologies (ICACCCT); Ramanathapuram.2012. p. 202–7.
- Liu N, Dong Z, Cessa RR. Task scheduling and server provisioning for energy-efficiency Cloud Computing Data Centers. 2013 IEEE 33rd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops; Philadelphia, PA. 2013. p. 226–31.
- Rajeshkannan R, Aramudhan M. Comparative study of load balancing algorithms in Cloud Computing environment.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(20):1–7.
- Gupta M, Singh P, Rani S. Optimizing physical layer energy consumption for reliable communication in multi-hop Wireless Sensor Networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(13):1–7.
- Zayandehroodi H, Hamzehbabaei, Eslami M. Optimization of energy consumption in cooperative Wireless Network using quadratic programming. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1–7.
- Khajehei K. Green cloud and Virtual Machines migration challenges. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.