Total views : 388
Necessity and Expectation for an Identification Scheme in IoT Service: Cases in South Korea
Background/Objectives: Individual things should uniquely be identified internationally, so that IoT services can be realized. Thus, a 'standardized, universal identification information system,' which can uniquely identify individual things and entities, is needed. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study investigated the status of the use of identification schemes by industrial sector and by service through a keyword search in order to understand the global status of the use of the identification schemes. In addition, for an empirical analysis of the use of identification schemes in South Korea, a survey on the present condition of use and management of identification schemes was conducted with the entire industry sectors. Findings: As a result of a survey on the status of the use and management of identification schemes by industrial area and service investigated, it was found that identification number systems used uniquely for each industry varied. There is no standardized identification scheme used dominantly, but entry of each identification scheme into the IoT environment will play an essential role in implementing IoT service in various fields, such as smart farm, smart city, smart manufacturing, smart building, smart transportation, smart medical care, etc. Services and products in the initial stage of IoT currently implemented are themselves serving as a unique identifier or use a smart sticker or local area communication technology. In terms of technology, they are based on technologies centered on sensing and network rather than technologies about identification scheme. Application/Improvements: Not all IoT services must use an identification scheme in the future, an analysis of demands for identification schemes should precede, and based on this, a cost-benefit analysis is needed.
Identification Scheme, Internet of Things, Ipv6, Identification, MAC, URL.
- ITU-T. Overview of the Internet of Things (Y.2060). 2012.
- That ‘Internet of Things’ Thing: In the real world, things matter more than ideas. 2016. Available from: http://www.rfidjournal.com/articles/view?4986
- Internet of Things. 2016.Available from: http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/English/internet-of-things 4. ITU. ITU Internet Reports 2005: The Internet of Things. 2005.
- Sung GH. Technologic trends of IPv6-based Internet of Things. KISA: Korea. 2014.
- Kim EA, Kim KS, Leem CS, Lee CH. A study on development and application of taxonomy of Internet of Things service. The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies. 2015; 20(2):107-23.
- TTA. Definition and Reference Model of the Internet of Things. 2013.
- TTA. Guideline for using Object Identifier in the Internet of Things (Technical Report). 2015.
- TTA. ICT Standardization Roadmap 2010. 2010.
- Jun HB. Various aspects of internet of things technologies. Entrue Journal of Information Technology. 2015; 14(1):719.
- Individual addresses are given to every ICT machines – The era of intellectual network of things is near. 2016. Available from: https://www.kcc.go.kr/user.do?mode=viewandpage= A05030000anddc=K00000001andboardId=1113andboard Seq=26141
- Lee JY. Internet of Everything/ Things – The fourth generation Internet – Internet of Things. Science and Technology. 2014; 542:58-63.
- ITU-T. Identification Framework in Future Networks (Recommendation. Y.3031). 2012.
- IoT@work. D2.1 – IoT Addressing schemes applied to manufacturing. 2010.
- EU-China IoT Advisory Group. EU-China Joint White Paper on Internet-of Things Identification. 2014.
- GS1. EPC Gen2V2 Fact Sheet. 2016. Available from: http:// www.gs1.org/sites/default/files/docs/epc/EPC_Gen2v2_ Fact_Sheet.pdf
- Botts M, Percivall G, Reed C, Davidson J. OGCR sensor web enablement: Overview and high level architecture. GeoSensor Networks. 2006; 175-90.
- Thread Fact Sheet. 2016. Available from: http://threadgroup.org/About.aspx
- Evans D. The Internet of Things How the Next Evolution of the Internet is Changing Everything. San Francisco: Cisco; 2011.
- The next phase of the Internet: The Internet of Things. 2016. Available from: http://ibmcai.com/2014/06/25/the-nextphaseof-the-internet-the-internet-of-things/
- Gartner Says the Internet of Things installed base will grow to 26 billion units by 2020. 2016. Available from: http:// www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2636073.
- Manyika J. The Internet of Things: Mapping the value beyond the hype. New York: McKinsey and Company; 2015.
- Fan TK. Smart agriculture based on cloud computing and IOT. Journal of Convergence Information Technology. 2013 Jan; 8(2):1-7.
- Sanchez L, Munoz L, Galache JA, Sotres P, Santana JR, Gutierrez V, Ramdhany R, Gluhak A, Krco S, Theodoridis E, Pfisterer D. SmartSantander: IoT experimentation over a smart city testbed. Computer Networks. 2014 Mar; 61:21738.
- Vijaykumar S, Saravanakumar SG, Balamurugan M. Unique sense: Smart computing prototype for industry 4.0 revolution with IOT and Bigdata implementation model. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(35):1-4.
- Building energy leaks! Handled in smart way by BEMS! 2016. Available from: http://www.molit.go.kr/USR/ NEWS/m_71/dtl.jsp?id=95073427
- Kuckelhaus M, Macaulay J. Internet of Things in logistics: A collaborative report by DHL and Cisco on implications and use cases for the logistics industry. San Francisco: DHL; 2015.
- Baratam M, Rao K. A prototype for IoT based car parking management system for smart cities. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(17):1-6.
- Hwang HJ. The new approach of U-health, standard status and development direction of wellness. TTA Journal. 2013; 145:50-4.
- Jung BG. The C-P-N-D ecosystem trends of the Internet of Things age. Vol. 27(3). KISDI; 2015.
- Lee CS. Internet of Things Forum. TTA Journal. 2014; 155:16-21.
- U-Health, large scale of demonstration business has been initiated the first time in the world. 2016. Available from: http://motie.go.kr/motie/ne/presse/press2/bbs/bbsView.do?bbs_seq_n=61367andbbs_cd_n=81
- TTA. ICT Standardization strategy Map 2011. 2011.
- ‘Logistics’ got smarter by Internet of Things. 2015. Available from: http://www.sciencetimes.co.kr
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.