Total views : 304
An Evaluation Model for Private Information Security Education Programs in South Korea
Background/Objectives: In order to strengthen security from intelligent attacks and new security issues, for this is reason, it is necessary to systemize educational courses to raise professional information security workforce. Methods/Statistical Analysis: To develop evaluation criteria for educational courses on information security, this study formed an advising council with 7 experts. After constructing evaluation criteria, in order to calculate weights for each evaluation criterion, we conducted a questionnaire survey on professionals of information security education using Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP). Findings: This study constructed AHP model based on (items of) evaluation criteria drawn out through literature review and experts' verification. The 1st level of the AHP hierarchy is composed of goal of the model, the 2nd level is composed of 4 higher standards and the 3rd level is composed of 14 lower standards. Finally, we draw out 4 evaluation criteria and 14 sub criteria and score for evaluate information security educational courses in private sector. Application/Improvements: This study intends to verify, modify and complement evaluation criteria through simulation tests by applying evaluation criteria to actual educational institutions.
Education, Evaluation, Information, Private, Program, Security.
- Korea Internet and Security Agency. Information security manpower supply and demand survey and outlook; 2012.
- Kim JD, Baek TS. A study on essential body of knowledge and education certification program for information security professional development. Journal of Digital Convergence. 2011 October; 9(5):113-21.
- Korea Internet and Security Agency. National Information Security White Paper; 2015.
- Jun HJ, Kim TS, Yoo JH, Gae SH. Development of skills framework for information security workforce. JKIISC. 2009 June; 19(3):143-52.
- Communications-Electronics Security Group. Education, Research and Skills. https://www.cesg.gov.uk/ educationresearch-and-skills. Date accessed: 01/25/2016.
- Jun HJ, Kim TS, Kim YB. Assessment criteria of information security training centers of personnels of education institutions. Jour. of KoCon.a. 2013 December; 13(12):45562.
- Hartman DE, Schmidt SL. Understanding student/alumni satisfaction from a consumer’s perspective: The effects of institutional performance and program outcomes. RHEJ. 1995 April; 36(2):197-217.
- Schweitzer D, Humphries J, Baird L. Meeting the criteria for a Center of Academic Excellence in information assurance education. CCSC. 2006 October; 22(1):151-60.
- Sirgy MJ, Grzeskowiak S, Rahtz D. Quality of college life of students: Developing and validating a measure of well-being. Soc Indic Res. 2007 July; 80(2):343-60.
- Kaiwen W. Ideological and political education evaluation of universities by a novel AHP. In: Measuring Technology and Mechatronics Automation (ICMTMA) 2014 Sixth International Conference on IEEE; 2014 January. P. 309-12.
- Aldridge S, Rowley J. Measuring customer satisfaction in higher education. Quality Assurance in Education. 1998 May; 6(4):197-204.
- Elliott KM, Healy MA. Key factors influencing student satisfaction related to recruitment and retention. Journal of Marketing for Higher Education. 2001 October; 10(4):1-11.
- Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea. Accreditation Board for Engineering Education of Korea Certirication Standards. http://www.abeek.or.kr/. Date accessed: 01/25/2016
- Korean Association of Business Education Accreditation. Korean Association of Business Education Accreditation Certirication Standards. http://www.kabea.or.kr/. Date accessed: 01/25/2016.
- National Security Agency. National Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance(IA)/Cyber Defense( CD). http://www.nsa.gov/ia/academic_outreach/ nat_cae/. Date accessed: 12/15/2015.
- Communications-Electronics Security Group. GCHQ Certification of Cyber Security Training Courses. http://www.cesg.gov.uk/. Date accessed: 01/25/2016.
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Resrach Council. Academic Centres of Excellence in Cyber Security Research. http://www.epsrc.ac.uk/research/centres/acecybersecurity/. Date accessed: 12/15/2015.
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Accreditation Criteria and Supporting Docs. http://www.abet.org/accreditation/accreditation-criteria/. Date accessed: 12/15/2015.
- Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business. Business Accreditation Standards; 2013. http://www.aacsb.edu/accreditation/standards/2013-business. Date accessed: 12/15/2015.
- Saaty TL. Decision making for leaders: the analytical hierarchy process for decision in a complex world. RWA Publications; 1995.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.