Total views : 424
Development of HMD-based 360° VR Content of Korean Heritage
Background/Objectives: The purpose of this was to present production and detailed workflow of 360° VR contents systematically for some world cultural heritages of Korea. For methodology, VR content criteria and conditions were presented based on theoretical backgrounds of VR. Methods/Statistical Analysis: For the scope, production techniques and scenarios were derived for 360° imaging contents or heritage-related contents among VR platform contents provided by Oculus Rift, the most prominent platform for VR contents. On that basis, heritage VR content development plan and results were systemized. Findings: Regarding the results of this study, the study presented whole processes including VR content planning, scenario configuration, equipment preparation, shooting, latter part works using stitching, special effects (VRVFX), unity and unreal engine for Seosan Maae Samjon Bulsang (Rock-Carved Buddha Triad) through 360° shooting, and derived the following results. 1. Intelligent 360° VR contents are presented as the direction for future development, enabling simulation in heritage space through application of LBS (Location Based Service) and motion recognition technology (Kinect), etc. 2. Heritage 360° VR contents are developing into mixed contents integrating 360° images, interactive and mobile contents. 3. 360° VR images which have excellent compatibility can find wide range of applications even to different types of devices and 360° web. 4. HMD-based Korea heritage 360° VR contents are evolving into experiential information formative space. Improvements/Applications: HMD-based heritage 360° VR contents are developing into simulation, mixed realization, and informatization types and evolving into experiential information formative space, and therefore require systematic and detailed research.
Contents, HMD, Korea Heritage, Virtual Reality, 360° Video.
- The reality of virtual reality. Available from: http://www.enewstoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=490178
- Mireaboo, briefing future industry: Virtual reality. Available from: http://www.bizwatch.co.kr/pages/view.php?uid=20557
- Hankooki.com. Available from: http://economy.hankooki.com/lpage/it/201602/e20160219141257142760.htm
- Global ICT companies. Available from: http://www.etoday.co.kr/news/section/newsview.php?idxno=1292989
- Consumer virtual reality hardware and content revenue to reach $21.8 billion by 2020. Available from: https://www.tractica.com/newsroom/press-releases/consumer-virtual-reality-hardware-and-content-revenue-to-reach-21-8-billion-by-2020
- Baudrillard J. Simulacres et simulation. Editions Galilee (French) and University of Michigan Press; 1963.
- Kim JH, Kim YM, Kim MG, Song EJ. Kidult contents development using mobile augmented reality. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(9):518–25.
- Never dictionary. Available from: http://dic.naver.com/search.nhn?dicQuery=헤리티지&query;=헤리티지&target=dic&ie=utf8&query;_utf=&isOnlyViewEE;=
- Deacon H. Type of integrated approach and the role of local communities for the protection of intangible heritage. 2012 The UNESCO-Accredited NGOs of the Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) Internationnal Symposium, Korea Cultural Heritage Foundation; 2012. p. 22.
- World heritage sites. Available from: http://www.unesco.or.kr/heritage/wh/
- Virtural reality. Available from: https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/가상현실
- Hillis K. A geography of the eye the technologies of virtual reality in rob shields. Cultures of Internet Virtual Spaces, Real Histories Living Bodies London. Sage; 1996. p. 70–98.
- Steuer J. Defining virtual reality: Dimensions determining telepresence. Journal of Communication. 1992; 42(4):73–93.
- Milgram P, Keshion F. A taxonomy of mixed reality visual display. IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems E77-D. 1994; 1321–9 .
- The integration between 4D simulation, mobile technology and augmented reality for automating construction progress monitoring and communication. Available from: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/integration-between-4d-simulation-mobile-technology-reality-elgohari
- Heilig M. Sensorama. US Patent #3,050,870.1962.
- Sutherland IE. The ultimate display. Proc IFIP 65 2. 1968; 506–8, 582–3.
- Will the Oculus Rift make you sick? Available from: http://doc-ok.org/?tag=field-of-view
- Optimized virtual reality says Oculus. Available from: http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=120388
- Oculus experiences. Available from: https://www2.oculus.com/experiences/rift/
- Oculus experiences. Available from: https://www2.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/#psea
- Oculus experiences. Available from: https://www2.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/806687776079309/
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.