Total views : 200
Iris Pattern Recognition of the Kingfisher Bird using Discrete Wavelet Transform and Feature Extraction from Histogram Orientation Gradient
Objectives: The present study has dealt with a new idea for recognizing the Iris pattern and their matching of the Kingfisher, a colorful bird. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The investigation has been made to detect, recognize and match the irises through a series of process. The work is centered about the improvement of the matrices concerned; rather than reducing the execution time of the program. For the present paper, MATLAB R2016a is used as the development tool. Findings: The proposed work is expected to give a recognition rate of 93% with a false rejected rate of 1.0. Application/Improvement: The results may be used for the census of Kingfisher birds and also towards wildlife preservation.
Circular Hough Transform, Discrete Wavelet Transform, Feature Extraction, Histogram.
- kingfisher | bird | Britannica.com, Available from: www.britannica.com/animal/kingfisher-bird.
- Daugman J. IEEE Trans Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, How Iris Recognition Works. 2004 Jan; 14(1):21–30.
- Ghoshal D, De P, Bapi Saha B. Identification of Tigers for Census by the Method of Tiger Iris Pattern Matching and Recognition International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012; 49(2):19–23.
- De P, Ghoshal D. Identification of owls by the method of Iris pattern matching and Recognition. International Journals of Innovation in Engineering and Technology (IJIET). 2015; 5(4):1–5. ISSN: 2319–1058.
- De P, Ghoshal D. A study of Non Circular Iris Pattern and Pupils Texture Classification of certain animals and birds by local edge patterns. International journals of Innovation in Engineering and Technology (IJIET). 2015; 5(4):1–5. ISSN: 2319–1058.
- Wildes R, Green G, Asmuth J, Hsu S, Kolczynski R, Matey J, Bride MS. A system for automated iris recognition. Proceedings IEEE Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision, Sarasota, FL, USA. 1994; 121–28.
- Masek L. School of Computer Science and Soft Engineering, the University of Western Australia, Recognition of Human Iris Patterns for Biometric Identification, Australia. 2003; 1–61.
- Musgrave M, Frisco CTX, Cambier C, James L, Medford NJ. System and method of animal identification and animal transaction authorization using iris patterns. USPTO patent full text and image database Patent -6, 424,727. 2002.
- Jain AK, Ross A, Prabhaker S. An Introduction to Biometric Recognition. IEEE Trans Circuits and Systems for Video Technology. 2004; 14(2):4–20.
- Arvacheh EM, Tizhoosh HR. Iris segmentation, detecting pupil, limbus and eyelids. Proc Int Conf Image Proc, Canada. 2006. p. 2453–6.
- Abhyankara A, Schuckers S. A novel biorthogonal wavelet network system for off-angle iris recognition. Pattern Recognition. 2010; 43(3):987–1007.
- Gonzalez RC, Woods RE. Digital Image Processing, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall. 2008; 22:954.
- Satyanarayana VV, Tallapragada EG, Rajan R. Article IRIS Recognition based on Non Linear Dimensionality Reduction of IRIS Code with KPCA. 2012; 44(3):1–5.
- Huang YP, Luo SW, Chen EY. An efficient iris recognition system. International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics. 2002. p. 450–4.
- Mira J, Mayer J. Image feature extraction for application of biometric identification of iris: a morphological approach. IEEE Proc XVI Brazilian Symposium on Computer Graphics and Image Processing, Beijing, China. 2003; 391–98.
- Zhu Y, Tan T, Wang Y. Biometric personal identification based on iris patterns. Proceedings IEEE Int Conf Pattern Recognition, China. 2000. p. 2801–04.
- Ma L, Tan T, Wang Y, Zhang D. Personal identification based on iris texture analysis. IEEE Trans Pattern Anal Mach Intell. 2003; 25(12):1519–33.
- Punidha R, Vincy RA, Judith M, Ramya D. Remote Service Access using Biometrics. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1–6.
- Sujitha R, Lalithamani N. Counter Measures for Indirect Attack for Iris based Biometric Authentication. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 May; 9(19):1–7.
- Deepa M, Saravanan T. Automatic Image Registration using 2D-Discrete Wavelet Transform. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1–3.
- Saminathan K, Chakravarthy T, Chithra Devi M. Comparative Study on Biometric Iris Recognition based on Hamming Distance and Multi Block Local Binary Pattern. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jun; 8(11):1–8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.