Total views : 243
Review on Non-cross-layer Mobility and Time Delaying Routing Protocols for Underwater Wireless Sensor Network
Objectives: To study the analysis of non-cross-layer and time-delaying routing protocols for underwater wireless sensor networks which help the researchers for further research in field of proposed routing protocols. Methods/Analysis: This review article focuses the advantages and limitations, analytical and numerical simulation methods for non-cross-layer mobility-based and non-cross-layer time delaying routing protocols. Findings: The non-cross-layer mobility-based routing protocols focus the movement of the node in underwater 3D environment where as time delaying routing protocols focuses the routing link quality. The novelty in this review article is based on its unique classification; analytical method of analysis and unique numerical simulation method based on theoretical perspective. The outcome of this review may lead to a better approach as compared to existing reviews. Applications/Improvements: Through proposed routing protocols we can extract valuable information from the bottom of the sea like information for minerals such as nickel, copper, gold, silver etc.
Mobility, Non-cross-layer, Routing Protocols, Time-delaying, Underwater.
- Gomathi R, Manickam JML, Nagamani K. Branching based underwater clustering protocol. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Aug; 9(30):1–7.
- Li N, Martínez J-F, Chaus M JM, Eckert M. A Survey on Underwater Acoustic Sensor Network Routing Protocols. Sensors. 2016, 16(3):414.
- Ghoreyshi SM, Shahrabi A, Boutaleb T. A novel cooperative opportunistic routing scheme for underwater sensor networks. Sensors. 2016; 16(3):297.
- Shahapur SS, Khanai R. Underwater sensor network at physical, data link and network layer-a survey. International Conference on Communications and Signal Processing (ICCSP), India; 2015.
- Moon AH, Iqbal U, Bhat GM. Secured Data Acquisition System for Smart Water Applications using WSN. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Mar, 9(10), pp .1–11.
- Climent S, Sanchez A, Capella JV, Meratnia N, Serrano JJ. Underwater acoustic wireless sensor networks: Advances and future trends in physical, MAC and routing layers. Sensors. 2014; 14(1):795–833.
- Akyildiz IF, Pompili D, Melodia T. Underwater acoustic sensor networks: Research challenges. Ad Hoc Networks. 2005; 3(3):257–79.
- Ayaz M, Baig I, Abdullah A, Faye I. A survey on routing techniques in underwater wireless sensor networks. Journal of Network and Computer Applications. 2011 Nov; 34(6):1908–27.
- Llor J, Malumbres MP. Underwater wireless sensor networks: how do acoustic propagation models impact the performance of higher-level protocols? Sensors. 2012 Feb; 12(2):1312–35.
- Melodia T, Kulhandjian H, Kuo L-C, Demirors E. Advances in underwater acoustic networking. Mobile Ad Hoc Networking: Cutting Edge Directions, Newyork; 2013. p. 852.
- Devasena A, Sowmya B. Wireless sensor network in disaster management. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–6.
- Wang P, Fu DH, Zhao CQ, Xing JC, Yang QL, Du XF. A reliable and efficient routing protocol for underwater acoustic sensor networks. 2013 IEEE 3rd Annual International Conference on Cyber Technology in Automation, Control and Intelligent Systems (Cyber). South Korea; 2013. p. 185–90.
- Casari P, Zorzi M. Protocol design issues in underwater acoustic networks. Computer Communications. 2011 Nov; 34(17):2013–25.
- Mikkili RT, Thyagarajan J. A real-time routing protocol with controlled dissemination of data queries by mobile sink in wireless sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(19):1–10.
- Babu MV, Ramprasad A. Modified fuzzy c means and ensemble based framework for min cost localization and power constraints in three-dimensional ocean sensor networks. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(1):1–15.
- Ayaz M, Abdullah A, Jung LT. Temporary cluster based routing for underwater wireless sensor networks. International Symposium in Information Technology (ITSim), Malyasia; 2010.
- Chen JM, Wu XB, Chen GH. REBAR: A Reliable and Energy Balanced Routing Algorithm for UWSNs. GCC Seventh International Conference on Grid and Cooperative Computing; 2008. p. 349–55.
- Chen Y-S, Lin Y-W. Mobicast routing protocol for underwater sensor networks. Sensors Journal. 2013; 13(2):737–49.
- Lee U, Wang P, Noh Y, Vieira F, Gerla M, Cui J-H. Pressure routing for underwater sensor networks. INFOCOM; 2010. p. 1–9.
- Hwang D, Kim D. DFR: Directional Flooding-Based Routing Protocol for Underwater Sensor Networks. Oceans. 2008; 1–4:922–8.
- Xie P, Cui JH, Lao L. VBF: Vector-Based Forwarding protocol for underwater sensor networks. Networking Technologies, Services, and Protocols; Performance of Computer and Communication Networks; Mobile and Wireless Communications Systems. 2006; 3976:1216–21.
- Domingo MC, Prior R. A distributed clustering scheme for underwater wireless sensor networks. PIMRC IEEE 18th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, Portugal; 2007.
- Ali K, Hassanein H. Underwater wireless hybrid sensor networks. ISCC IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, Canada; 2008.
- Ayaz M, Abdullah A. Hop-by-Hop Dynamic Addressing Based (H(2)-DAB) routing protocol for underwater wireless sensor networks. International Conference on Information and Multimedia Technology, India; 2009. p. 436–41.
- Liang W, Yu H, Liu L, Li B, Che C. Information-carrying based routing protocol for underwater acoustic sensor network. ICMA International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation. China; 2007. p. 729–34.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.