Total views : 433
Design and Development of Optimal Control System for Quad Copter UAV
Background/Objectives: Design and development of an optimal control system for a quadcopter unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). Methods/Statistical Analysis: The 6DOF quad copter state-space models was used for Linear Quadratic Regulator (LQR) and Linear Quadratic Gaussian (LQG) simulations in MATLAB/Simulink. The simulations produced satisfactory results, which have been presented. Findings: A comparison between Low Pass Filter (LPF) and Kalman filter is also shown which shows that LQR is useless in presence of noise hence LQG was employed in such a situation. Application/Improvements: The optimal control system for quadcopter was successfully developed, which can be practically implemented on an actual quadcopter for stable unmanned flight of the aerial vehicle.
Control, DOF, GPS, LQR, LQG, LPF, Quad-Copter, UAV.
- Jafari H, Zareh M, Roshanian J, Nikkah A. An Optimal Guidance Law Applied to Quadrotor Using LQR Method. Transactions of the Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences. 2010; 53.
- Hao L, Geng L, Yisheng Z. Theory and Experiments on Robust LQR Attitude Control of a 3-DoF Lab Helicopter. IEEE Control Conference (CCC). 2011.
- Mian AA, Daobo W. Modeling and Backstepping-based Nonlinear Control Strategy for a 6 DOF Quadrotor Helicopter. Chinese Journal of Aeronautics. 2008; 21.
- Bouabdallah S et al. PID vs LQ Control Techniques Applied to an Indoor Micro Quadrotor. IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS’04). 2004; 3.
- Atheer L, Salih M, Moghavvemi H, Mohamed AF, Gaeid KS. Modelling and PID Controller Design for a Quadrotor Unmanned Air Vehicle. IEEE International Conference on Automation Quality and Testing Robots (AQTR). 2010; 1.
- Lan T, Fei Q, Geng Q, Hu Q. Control Algorithm Research of Quadrotor System Based on 3-DOF Simulation Platform. IEEE International Conference on Automatic Control and Artificial Intelligence (ACAI). 2012.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.