Total views : 298
Leakage Power Reduction with Various IO Standards and Dynamic Voltage Scaling in Vedic Multiplier on Virtex-6 FPGA
The 8-bit design is able to process 256 times input combination in compare to 4-bit vedic multiplier, using approximates 6 times basic elements, 2 times IO buffers, approximate 1.5 times total power dissipation. HSTL_I_12, SSTL18_I and LVCMOS12 are the most energy efficient IO standards in HSTL, SSTL and LVCMOS family respectively. Device static power and design static power are two types of static power dissipation. Device static power is also known as Leakage power when the device is on but not configured. Design static power is power dissipation when bit file of design is downloaded on FPGA but there is no switching activity. Design static power dissipation of 8-bit Vedic multiplier is almost double of design static power dissipation of 4-bit Vedic multiplier. Device static (leakage) power dissipation of 8-bit Vedic multiplier is almost equal to device static power dissipation of 4-bit Vedic multiplier on 40nm FPGA.
HSTL, IO Standards, LVCMOS, SSTL, Static Power Reduction, Vedic Multiplier, Voltage Scaling.
- Goswami K, Pandey B. LVCMOS Based Thermal Aware Energy Efficient Vedic Multiplier Design on FPGA. In: IEEE 6th International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN), Udaipur, 2014. DOI: 10.1109/CICN.2014.194
- Goswami K, et.al. Low Voltage Digitally Controlled Impedance Based Energy Efficient Vedic Multiplier Design on 28nm FPGA. IEEE 6th International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN), Udaipur, 14-16 November, 2014. DOI: 10.1109/ CICN.2014.201
- Goswami K, Pandey B. Energy Efficient Vedic Multiplier Design Using LVCMOS and HSTL IO Standard. IEEE 9th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), IIIT Gwalior, 15-17 December, 2014. p. 1-4. DOI: 10.1109/ICIINFS.2014.7036602
- Goswami K, Pandey B. PVT Variation Aware Low Power Vedic Multiplier Design For DSPs on FPGA. Lambert Academic Publisher, Germany, 2014. p. 104. ISBN: 978-3659-62935-8, EAN: 9783659629358.
- Virtex-4 FPGA User Guide UG070 (v2.6) December 1, 2008.
- Virtex-5 FPGA User Guide, UG190 (v5.4) March 16, 2012.
- Virtex-6 Select IO Resources User Guide UG361 (v1.5) March 21, 2014. www.xilinx.com.
- 7 Series FPGAs Select IO Resources User Guide UG471 (v1.4) May 13, 2014. www.xilinx.com.
- Hsiao SW. An area-efficient 3.5 GHz fractional-N frequency synthesizer with capacitor multiplier in millimeterwave gigabit wireless communication. IEEE 13th Annual Conference in Wireless and Microwave Technology (WAMICON); 2012. p. 1-5. DOI: 10.1109/ WAMICON.2012.6208435
- Kohtani, Masato. Multiplier circuit and wireless communication apparatus using the same. U.S. Patent Application 14/101,803.
- Brown SJ, Estrada AX, Bourk TR, Norsworthy SR, Murphy PJ, Hull CD, Grilo JA. U.S. Patent No. 6,366,622. Washington, DC: U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2002.
- Kayal D, Mostafa P, Dandapat A, Sarkar CK. Design of High Performance 8 bit Multiplier using Vedic Multiplication Algorithm with McCMOS Technique. Journal of Signal Processing Systems. 2013; 76:1-9.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.