Total views : 350
Advance Signaling Cost for Multicast Fast Reroute Proxy Mobility Management
Background/Objectives: Mobile data traffic over IP has grown very rapidly in size. This huge increase in size creates high demand performance on network that supports mobile multicast services. This motivates the development of a better performance procedure with better signaling cost. Methods/Statistical analysis: A mathematical evaluation of signaling cost for multicast network mobility management namely Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6). The signaling cost is derived from a novel combination of Multicast only Fast Reroute (MFR) and predictive Context Transfer (CT) with network mobility management. The signaling cost is designated base on the improved signaling call flow of the advanced method combination. It is calculated as the location updates and the packet delivery cost of the call flow. Findings: This combined procedure helps to mitigate unnecessary multicast network mobility traffic as usage increases. From the results it is clearly shows that the location update for the advanced signaling cost remain consistent regardless of the traffic usage. Where else for the standard method the signaling cost increases significantly, in parallel with the traffic increase. This is hardly because of the reduced location updates and the packet delivery cost of the novel combination procedure. Therefore through this implementation better signaling cost formula is brought forward. Application/Improvements: The advanced signaling cost helps to overcome performance degradation in multicast mobility management application such as live Internet video, Internet-video-to-TV, online video, webcam viewing, video conference and web-based video monitoring.
Fast Reroute, Mobility Management, Multicast, Signaling Cost.
- Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update 2014 – 2019, Cisco White Paper, 2015.
- Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology 2014 – 2019, Cisco White Paper, 2015.
- Cisco Visual Networking Index: The Zettabyte Era Trends and Analysis, Cisco White Paper, 2015.
- Gundavelli S, Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6). Ed. Leung K, Devarapalli V, Chowdhury K, Patil B. RFC 5213. https:// tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5213. Date accessed: 01/12/2015.
- Johnson D, Perkins C, Arkko J. Mobility support in IPv6. RFC 3775. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3775. Date accessed: 01/12/2015.
- Schmidt T, Waehlisch M, Krishnan S. Base deployment for multicast listener support in Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) domains. RFC 6224. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6224. Date accessed: 01/12/2015.
- Liu J, Luo W. Routes optimization for PMIPv6 multicast. Internet-Draft, July 2012. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draftliu- multimob-pmipv6-multicast-ro-02. Date accessed: 01/12/2015.
- Tsunehiko Chiba, Hidetoshi Yokota, Ashutosh Dutta, Dana Chee, Henning Schulzinne. Route optimization for Proxy mobile IPv6 in IML network. 2nd International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ICSPCS 2008), December 2008; 15-17.
- Zuniga JC, Contreras LM, Bernardos CJ, Jeon S, Kim Y. Multicast mobility routing optimizations for Proxy Mobile IPv6. RFC 7028, September 2013.
- Daehyeok Kim, Wan-Seon Lim, Young-Joo Suh. Multicast extension to Proxy Mobile IPv6 for mobile multicast services. Journal of Computing Science and Engineering. 2011 Dec; 5:316-23.
- Schmidt TC, Waehlisch M, Fairhurst G. Multicast mobility in MIPv6: problem statement and brief survey. RFC 5757. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5757. Date accessed: 1/12/2015.
- Bernardos CJ, Calderon M, Soto I. PMIPv6 and network mobility problem statement. https://tools.ietf.org/ html/draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-nemo-ps-02. Date accessed: 01/12/2015.
- Loughney J, Nakhjiri M, Perkins C, Koodli R. Context Transfer Protocol. RFC 4067. https://tools.ietf.org/html/ rfc4067. Date accessed: 01/12/2015.
- Von Hugo D, Asaeda H. Context Transfer Protocol extension for multicast. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draftvonhugo- multimob-cxtp-extension-03. Date accessed: 01/12/2015.
- Tien-Thinh Nguyen, Christian Bonnet. Performance optimization of multicast content delivery in a mobile environment based on PMIPv6. Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC) IEEE; 7-10 April 2013. p. 1249-54.
- Karan A, Filsfils C, Wijnands IJ, Decraene B. Multicast Only Fasr Reroute (MoFRR). RFC 7431. August 2015.
- Vida R, Costa L. Multicast Listener Discovery Version 2 (MLDv2) for IPv6. RFC 3810. https://tools.ietf.org/html/ rfc3810. Date accessed: 01/12/2015.
- Moneeb Gohar, Sang Il Choi, Seok Joo Koh. Fast handover using multicast handover agents in PMIPv6-based wireless network. The 25th International Conference on Information Networking (ICOIN 2011); 2011 Jan. p. 26-28.
- Adnan J. Jabir, Shamala S, Zuriati Z. A new strategy for signalling overhead reduction in the proxy mobile IPv6 Protocol. Am. J. of Applied Sci. 2012; 9(4):535-41.
- Young-Hyun Choi, Tai-Myoung Chung. Using Correspondent Information for Route Optimization Scheme on Proxy Mobile IPv6. Journal of Networks. 2010; 5(8):984-85.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.