Total views : 539
Investigation of Structural, Magnetic and Dielectric Properties of Terbium Doped Strontium Hexaferrite for High Frequency Applications
Background/Objectives: Microwave absorbing materials can be used to reduce electro- magnetic interference. M-type hexaferrites (SrFe12O19 and BaFe12O19) have attracted intensive attention on account of their important applications in microwave absorbing materials. Methods/Statistical Analysis: M-type hexaferrite nanoparticles with a composition of TbxSr1-xFe12O19 (x = 0-0.1) were amalgamted by a chemical method known as co-precipitation method. A successive solid state reaction at different calcination temperatures at fixed holding time has lead to the formation of pure and Tb substituted strontium hexaferrite. The reaction of swaping of Tb cations on the magnetic, structural, and electrical properties of nanoparticles was characterized by X-ray diffraction XRD, FTIR,TEM and VSM. Findings: Microstructure by TEM showed that grains are of extremely fine phase. Identification by XRD confers the single-phase material of nanometeric size. Evaluation on magnetic characteristics for the material showed that coercivity decreased progressively as number of Tb3+ ion increases. Although this was followed by a significant increase in total magnetization. Reflection loss and reflection coefficient and loss tangent for a range of 1-5 KHz were derived which confirms that the material can be considered for high frequency applications.
Dielectric Properties, Hexaferrites, Microwave Absorbers, Reflection Loss.
- Pullar RC. Hexagonal ferrites: A review of the sscopus indexed jounal magnetic material synthesize, properties and applications of hexaferrite. Ceramics Journal on Progress in Materials Science. 2012; 57:1191–334.
- Smit J, Wijn HPJ. Ferrites. New York: Philip’s Tech. Library; 1959.
- Gordani GR, Ghasemi A, Saidi A. High frequency electromagnetic reflection loss performance of substituted Sr-hexaferrite nanoparticles/SWCNTs/epoxy nanocomposite. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2015; 391.
- Afsar MN, Sharma A, Obol M. Microwave permittivity and permeability properties and microwave reflection of micro/ nano ferrite powder. Proceedings of IEEE Conference Instrumentation and Measurement Technology; 2009. p. 274-8.
- Ghoutia, Naima, Sabri. Nonreciprocal propagation in ferrite medium and their applications microwave circulator. International Journal of Computer Science and Electronics Engineering. 2013; 1(2):2320–34.
- Caffarenaa VR, Capitaneob JL, Ogasawarac T, Pinhod MS. Microwave absorption properties of Co, Cu, Zn substituted hexaferrite polychloroprene nanocomposites. Materials Research. 2008; 11(3):335-9.
- Doni R, Manaf A, Sardjono P. Physical characteristics and magnetic properties of Barium Hexaferrites (BaFe12O19) derived from mechanical alloying. International Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences. 2008; 13(4).
- Sharbati A, Khani JMV, Amiri GR, Mousarezaei R. Influence of dysprosium addition on the structural, morphological, electrical and magnetic properties of nano-crystalline W-type hexaferrites. Bulletin of Materials Science. 2011; 38(1):1-5.
- Wang Y, Li T, Zhao L, Hu Z, Gu Y. Research Progress on nanostructured radar absorbing materials. Journal on Energy and Power Engineering. 2011; 3:580-4.
- Shigeyoshi Y, Koichi K, Hiroshi O. High-frequency noise suppression using ferrite-plated film. NEC Technical Journal. 2009; 1(5):77-81.
- Luo H, Rai BK, Mishra SR, Nguyen VV, Liu JP. Physical and magnetic properties of highly aluminum doped strontium ferrite nanoparticles prepared by auto-combustion route. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2012; 324(17):2602–8.
- Y xie, XW hong, YH GaO, JM Liu. Synthesis and electromagnetic properties of BaFe11.92(LaNd)0.04O19/titanium dioxide composites. Materials Research Bulletin. 2014; 50, 483–489.
- Xie Y, Hong X, Liu J, Le Z, Huang F, Qin Y, Zhong R, Gao Y, Pan J, Ling Y. Synthesis and electromagnetic properties of BaFe11.92(LaNd)0.04O19/titanium dioxide composites. Materials Research Bulletin. 2014; 50:483–9.
- Ghobeiti-Hasab M, Shariati Z. Magnetic properties of Sr-Ferrite Nano-Powder synthesized by Sol-Gel autocombustion method. International Journal of Chemical, Nuclear, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering. 2014; 8(10):954-7.
- Jean M, Nachbaur V, Bran J, Breton JM. Synthesis and characterization of SrFe12O19 powder obtained by hydrothermal process. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2010; 480:306–12.
- Kumar K, Chitkara M, Sandhu IS, Mehta D, Kumar S. Photocatalytic, optical and magnetic properties of Fe-doped ZnO nanoparticles prepared by chemical route. Journal of Alloys and Compounds. 2014; 588:681-9.
- Chitkara M, Singh K, Sandhu IS, Bhatti HS. Photo-catalytic activity of Zn1-x MnxS nanocrystals synthesized by wet chemical technique. Nanoscale Research Letters. 2011; 6(1):1-5.
- Ibrahim RM. A novel approach for synthesize of M-type hexaferrite nanopowder via the co-precipitation method. Springer Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics. 2011; 22(12):1796-1803.
- Petcharoen K, Sirivat A. Synthesis and characterization of magnetite nanoparticles via the chemical co-precipitation method. Journal of Materials Science and Engineerig. 2012; 177(5):421–7.
- Mangai A, Kumari PR, Kumar S. Spectroscopic investigation of nano-sized strontium ferrite particles at different annealing temperatures. Journal of Applied Spectroscopy. 2014; 81(3).
- Silva WMS, Ferreira NS, Soares JM, Silva RB, Macedo MA. Investigation of structural and magnetic properties of nanocrystalline Mn-doped SrFe12O19 prepared by proteic sol–gel process. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. 2015; 395:263-70.
- Osman MA, Atallah A, Schweizer T, Ottinger HC. Particleparticle and particle-matrix interactions in calcite filled high-density polyethylene-steady shear. Journal of Rheolog. 2004; 48:1167–84.
- Verma S, Chand J, Singh M. Mossbauer, magnetic, dielectric and dc conductivity of Al3+ ions substituted Mg-Mn-Ni nano ferrite synthesized by citrate precursor method. Advanced Material Letter. 2013; 4(4):310-6.
- Mangai KA, Sureshkumar P, Priya M, Rathnakumar M. Structural and magnetic properties of strontium hexaferrites for permenant magnets. International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. 2014; 5:3.
- Ali I, Islam MU, Awan MS, Ahmad M, Iqbal MA. Structural and magnetic properties of nano-structured Eu 3+Substituted M-type hexaferrites synthesized by Sol-Gel auto-combustion technique. Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism. 2013; 26:3315-23.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.