Total views : 195
Multilevel Hybrid DSTATCOM Compensator for Distribution Network Load Compensation
Objective: The power utilized by distribution networks depends on power quality which is a function of harmonics, reactive four & power factor. The effect of harmonics was earlier reduced by passive filters. Such filters have distinct disadvantage of fixed ramp. Statistical Analysis: For overcoming this disadvantage, DISTATCOM components has been proposed. In this case, respective power consumption is cooperated and harmonic injection is minimized LCL based filter reduces DC link voltage rating required for component. Finding: The voltage profile is improved. Utilization voltage source inverter reduces the reactive power compensation. Active and reactive power are individually controlled. From the simulations results it is found that current reduction is up to 55.2% where as voltage reduction is up to 85.1%. Application: The proposed multilevel based VSI in the DSTSTCOM improves the overall performance to a remarkable extent. Optimization of the number of level can be taken up as an extension of this work.
Distribution Static Compensator (DSTATCOM), Voltage Source Inverter (VSI), Passive Filter, Power Quality (PQ).
- Bhim S, Solanki J. A comparison of control algorithms for DSTATCOM. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2009; 56(7):2738-45.
- Rao Pranesh ML, Crow Yang Z. STATCOM control for power system voltage control applications. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. 2000; 15(4):1311-17.
- Dolde Florian, Fedder H, Doherty MW, Nobauer T, Rempp F, Balasubramanian G, Thomas Wolf et al. Electric-field sensing using single diamond spins. Nature Physics. 2011; 7(6):459-63.
- Brod David M, Novotny DW. Current control of VSI-PWM inverters. IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications.1985; 3:562-70.
- Busi Prabhakar J, Yelavarthi S. A Fuzzy Logic based DSTATCOM for Diesel Generation System for Load Compensation. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(23):1-4.
- Boroujeni Shirvani SM, Boroujeni BK, Delafkar H, Behzadipour E, Hemmati R. Harmony search algorithm for STATCOM controllers tuning in a multi machine environment.Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011; 9(4):1031-35.
- Mohan B, Murali P, Prasad B, Kishore MV. Generation of Reference Compensator to Isolate the Load Current Harmonics by a Customized Three-Phase Four-Wire UPQC System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015; 8(16):1-8.
- Abinaya I, Jebaseelan SDS, Ravi CN. Reactive Power Compensation in Grid System using STATCOM with Closed Loop Control. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(16):1-4.
- Pal Snehasish, Dalapati S. Digital simulation of forty eight pulse STATCOM for reduction of voltage instability and improvement of power quality. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012; 5(10):3506-18.
- Escobar Gerardo, Stankovic AM, Mattavelli P. An adaptive controller in stationary reference frame for D-statcom in unbalanced operation. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2004; 51(2):401-9.
- Ghosh Arindam, Ledwich G. Load compensating DSTATCOM in weak AC systems. IEEE transactions on Power Delivery. 2003; 18(4):1302-9.
- Dinavahi, Venkata, Iravani R, Bonert R. Design of a realtime digital simulator for a D-STATCOM system. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. 2004; 51(5):1001-8.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.