Total views : 320
Performance Analysis, Modeling and Control of Multi-Port DC-DC Boost Converter for an Integrated Power Generation System.
Objective: This paper presents a new DC-DC boost converter for renewable hybrid power generation scheme is designed using five controllable switches in its unified structure. Methods/ Statistical Analysis: In this research work, converter operation is discussed with four different operating modes based on the renewable resources availability. To rectify the difficulties associated with controller design of this converter, multi input - multi output controller design is obtained by deducing the small signal equations and state space modeling for all the operating modes. In this study, MATLAB/Simulink is used to design the model for DC-DC boost converter. A strategy to manage the power flow between the different energy sources is presented. Findings: Uncomplicated structure, centralized control, transformer-less operation, less weight, highly stable and increased output voltage is the best qualities of the designed converter. This study demonstrates that the overall power management is efficient and demand is balanced successfully. Applications/Improvement: This research helps to find the best power electronic converter structure for renewable based hybrid power generation system.
DC-DC Converter, Dynamic Modeling, Hybrid Systems, Power Management, Renewable Energy.
- Tao H, Duarte JL, Hendrix M. Multiport converters for hybrid power sources. IEEE Power Electronics Specialist’s Conference; Netherland. 2008. p. 3412–8.
- Jiang W, Fahimi B. Multiport power electronic interface-concept, modelling and design. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2011; 26(7):1890–900.
- Kwasinski A. Quantitative evaluation of DC micro grids availability: Effects of system architecture and converter topology design choices. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2011; 26(3):835–51.
- Xu H, Kong L, Wen X. Fuel Cell power system and high power DC-DC converter. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2004; 19(5):1250–5.
- Peng F, Li H, Su G, Lawler J. A new ZVS bidirectional DC-DC converter for Fuel Cell and battery application. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2004; 19(1):54–65.
- Wu H, Xu P, Hu H, Zhou Z, Xing Y. Full-bridge and bidirectional DC–DC topologies for renewable generation systems. IEEE Trans on Indus Elect. 2014; 61(2):856–69.
- Kumaran MM, Lakshmi RK. High efficiency DC-DC converter with two input power sources using fuzzy logic controller. IJAIST. 2013; 12(12):1862–75.
- Choi WY, Lee CG. Photovoltaic panel integrated power conditioning system using a high efficiency step-up DC–DC converter. Renewable Energy. 2012; 41:227–34.
- Zhang J, Lai JS, Kim RY, Yu W. High-power density design of a soft-switching high-power bidirectional DC–DC converter. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2007; 22(4):1145–53.
- Nejabatkhah F, Danyali S, Hosseini SH, Sabahi M, Niapour SM. Modelling and control of a new three-input DC–DC boost converter for hybrid PV/FC/Battery power system. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics. 2012; 27(5):2309–24.
- Ravichandrudu K, Madhavi R, Babu YP. Modeling of a novel three-input DC–DC boost converter for PV/FC/battery based hybrid power system. IJEEER. 2013; 3(3):213–28.
- Hosseini SH, Danyali S, Nejabatkhah FSAK, Niapour M. Multi-input DC boost converter for grid connected hybrid PV/FC/battery power system. Proc IEEE Elect Power Energy Conf; Iran. 2013. p. 1–6.
- Tao H, Kotsopoulos A, Duarte JL, Hendrix MAM. Multi-input bidirectional DC-DC converter combining DC-link and magnetic-coupling for Fuel Cell systems. IEEE Industrial Applications Conference. Netherland. 2005; 3:2021–8.
- Al-Atrash H, Pepper M, Batarseh I. A zero-voltage switching three-port isolated full-bridge converter. IEEE Conference on Telecommunications Energy; USA. 2006. p. 1–8.
- Al-Atrash H, Batarseh I. Boost-integrated phase-shift full-bridge converter for three-port interface. IEEE Conference on Power Electronics; 2007. p. 2313–21.
- Zhang Z, Thomsen OC, Andersen MAE, Nielsen HR. A novel dual-input isolated current-fed DC-DC converter for renewable energy system. IEEE Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC); Denmark. 2011. p. 1494–501.
- Abdel-Rahman O, Batarseh I. An integrated four-port DC-DC converter for renewable energy applications. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2010; 25(7):1877–87.
- Husna AWN, Siraj S, Muin MZAB. Modeling of DC-DC converter for solar energy system applications. IEEE Symposium on Computers and Informatics (ISCI); Malaysia. 2012. p. 125–9.
- Hosseini SH, Danyali S, Gharehpetian GB. New extendable single-stage multi-input DC–DC/AC Boost Converter. IEEE Trans Power Electron. 2014; 29(2):775–88.
- Hongfei W, Peng X, Haibing H, Zihu Z, Xing Y. Multiport converters based on integration of full-bridge and bidirectional DC–DC topologies for renewable generation systems. IEEE Trans on Indus Elect. 2014; 61(2):856–69.
- Kuo-Ching T, Chi-Chih H. High step-up high-efficiency interleaved converter with voltage multiplier module for renewable energy system. IEEE Trans on Indus Elect. 2014; 61(3):1311–9.
- Veena P, Indragandhi V, Jayabharath R, Subramaniyaswamy V. Review of grid integration schemes for renewable power generation system. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2014; 34:628–41.
- Rani BI, Ilango GS, Nagamani C. Control strategy for power flow management in a PV system supplying DC loads. IEEE Trans on Indus Elect. 2013; 60(8):3185–94.
- Zeng J, Qiao W, Qu L, Ping Y. An isolated multiport DC-DC converter for simultaneous power management of multiple different renewable energy sources. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Elec. 2014; 2(1):70–8.
- Santhoshi BK, Sundaram KM, Sivasubramanian M, Akila S. A novel multiport bidirectional dual active bridge DC-DC converter for renewable power generation systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(1):1–4.
- Naidu KJ, Harish M, Kittur K. On chip DC-DC converter with high switching frequency and low ripple voltage. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(5):1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.