Total views : 258
Modeling and Simulation of Gate Engineered Gate All-Around MOSFET for Bio-Molecule Detection
Objectives: In this paper, modeling and simulation of a triple material gate stack gate all around MOSFET biosensor for the detection of biomolecules under dry environment conditions has been carried out. Method: A nanocavity is formed in the proposed device and its surface potential values are estimated by solving 2D Poisson and Schrödinger equations using Leibmann’s iteration method. The surface potential values are obtained for both the presence and absence of biomolecules. To the best of our knowledge, the effect of engineering on the gate stack gate all around MOSFET biosensor characteristics has been studied for the first time and its characteristics such as sensitivity and drain current are obtained. Findings: It is found that the implementation of gate engineering in the gate stack gate all around MOSFET improves the characteristics of the device. Improvements: The proposed device may be improved by implementing the device as an optical biosensor for detection of biomolecules.
Bio-Molecule Detection, Gate All Around MOSFET, Gate Engineering, Modelling, Simulation.
- Krishnaveni S, Rajini V. Implementation of an Economical and Compact Single MOSFET High Voltage Pulse Generator, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Aug; 8(17). Doi:10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i17/62205
- Hamed Sepahv, Soghra Raisi. A High Speed MOSFET for Switching Application, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(22). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i22/61332
- Siddharth Saxena, Srikanth M, Shantanu Jawale, Sakthivel R. Efficient VCO Using FinFET, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(S2). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS2/67807.
- Deshpande Akshay, Sanidhya Mohan Sharma, Lochan Anil Vyas, Sivasankaran K. Design of Low Power and Area Efficient 4-bit Arithmetic and Logic Unit using Nanoscale FinFET, Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(S2). Doi: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS2/70759.
- Pradhan K, Mohapatra S, Sahu P, Behera D. Impact of High-K Gate Dielectric on Analog and RF Performance of Nanoscale DG-MOSFET, Microelectronics Journal, 2014; 45(2):14451.
- Gautam R, Saxena M, Gupta R, Gupta M. Numerical Model of Gate-All-Around MOSFET with Vacuum Gate Dielectric for Biomolecule Detection, Electron Device Letters, IEEE. 2012; 33(12):175658.
- Narang R, Saxena M, Gupta M. Analytical Modeling of a Split-Gate Dielectric Modulated Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor for Application as a Biosensor, In: Devices, Circuits and Systems (ICDCS), 2nd International Conference on, IEEE, Combiatore, 2014, p. 1-6.
- Narang R, Saxena M, Gupta M. Drain Current Model of a Four-Gate Dielectric Modulated MOSFET for Application as a Biosensor, Electron Devices, IEEE Transactions. 2015; 62(8):263644.
- Narang R, Reddy KS, Saxena M, Gupta R, Gupta M. A Dielectric-Modulated Tunnel-FET-Based Biosensor for Label-Free Detection: Analytical Modeling Study and Sensitivity Analysis, Electron Devices, IEEE Transactions. 2012; 59(10):280917.
- Narang R, Saxena M, Gupta R, Gupta M. Dielectric Modulated Tunnel Field-Effect TransistorA Biomolecule Sensor, Electron Device Letters, IEEE. 2012; 33(2):26668.
- Pal A, Sarkar A. Analytical Study of Dual Material Surrounding Gate MOSFET to Suppress Short-Channel Effects (SCEs), Engineering Science and Technology, International Journal. 2014; 17(4):20512.
- Arefinia Z, Orouji AA. Quantum Simulation Study of Dual-Material Double Gate (DMDG) MOSFET: NEGF Approach, In: IEEE Silicon Nanoelectronics Workshop, HI, 2008, p. 1.
- Ramya MA, Nirmal D, Soman S, Nair PP, Jeba IK. Analysis of Gate Engineered SOI MOSFET for VLSI Application, In: Automation, Computing, Communication, Control and Compressed Sensing (iMac4s), International Multi-Conference on, IEEE, Kottayam, 2013, p. 498501.
- Vishnoi R, Kumar MJ. Compact Analytical Model of Dual Material Gate Tunneling Field-Effect Transistor using Interband Tunneling and Channel Transport, Electron Devices, IEEE Transactions. 2014; 61(6):193642.
- Razavi P, Orouji AA. Dual Material Gate Oxide Stack Symmetric Double Gate MOSFET: Improving Short Channel Effects of Nanoscale Double Gate MOSFET, In: Electronics Conference, BEC 11th International Biennial Baltic, IEEE, Tallinn, 2008, p. 836.
- Ghosh P, Haldar S, Gupta R, Gupta M. An Analytical Drain Current Model for Dual Material Engineered Cylindrical/Surrounded Gate MOSFET, Microelectronics Journal. 2012; 43(1):1724.
- Padmanaban B, Ramesh R, Nirmal D, Sathiyamoorthy S. Numerical Modeling of Triple Material Gate Stack Gate All-Around (TMGSGAA) MOSFET Considering Quantum Mechanical Effects, Superlattices and Microstructures. 2015; 82:4054.
- Rigante S, Lattanzio L, Ionescu AM. FinFET for High Sensitivity Ion and Biological Sensing Applications, Microelectronic Engineering. 2011; 88(8):1864-66
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.