Total views : 251
Investigation on Mechanical and Physical Properties of GFRP-Egg Shell Powder Hybrid Composites
Objectives: In this paper, various physical and mechanical properties of egg shell powder filled hybrid composites have been found. Methods/Analysis: Different types of composites have been fabricated using 5 wt% egg shell powder and 10 wt% egg shell powder with 50 wt% fiber, rest matrix material. The composites were fabricated by hand-layup process. Specimens were cut and tested according to ASTM standards. Findings: All composite with filler material exhibited better tensile strength than unfilled composites. Adding filler material might have resulted in restriction of propagation of crack and delamination. The shape and size of egg shell powder was the fine-tuning factor. The rate of burning of the composites at any given filler particle size decreased with increase in filler contents. Novelty/Improvement: The cost of egg shell powder fillers is less than that of the polyester matrix. The use of egg shell powder as fillers for the plastic industry will not only provide a renewable source of filler for the plastic industry but also generate a non - food source of economic development for the famers in the rural areas.
Egg Shell Powder, Hybrid Campsites, Mechanical Properties, Physical Properties.
- Loganathan TG, Murthy RK, Chandrasekaran K. Investigation on Flexural Response of GFRP Composite Laminate Subjected to Low Velocity Cyclic Loading. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–9.
- Siva Teja PV, Prakash S, Prasad BN, Elijah G. Finite Element Analysis in Drilling GFRP Composites. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jul; 8(15):1–5.
- Priyadharshini E, Veerakumar R, Selvamani P, Kaveri S. An Experimental Study on Strengthening of Reinforced Concrete Beam using Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1–4.
- Siva Kumara G, Nanthini R, Suganya G. Studies on Aliphaticaromatic Random Copolyester-based Nano-biocomposite Materials. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2009 Jan; 2(1):1–4.
- Rao CV, Dinesh KR, Veeresh K, Algur V, Shettar M. Analysis of Mechanical Properties of Glass/Orthophthalic Polyster Resin with Hematite Ore Filled Composites. International Journal of Research. 2014 Aug; 1(7):1–5.
- Shettar M, Chauhan VR, Hiremath P. An experimental study of mechanical properties of GFRP Hybrid composite with different fillers. International Journal of Research. 2015 Mar; 2(3):1–4.
- Shettar M, Hiremath P, Chauhan VR. Influence of Feathers on Mechanical Properties of Glass/Unsaturated Polyester Hybrid Composite. International Journal of Engineering and Management Research. 2015; 1(5):92–5.
- Shettar M, Hiremath P. Effect of seawater on mechanical properties of GFRP with cement as filler material for fishing boat application. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2015 Nov; 10(9):40027–30.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.