Total views : 265
LOMAN - A New Design for Implementation of the MANET Protocol over IOT Environment
Objective: The paper presents the methods for improving the power efficiency for the MANET when it is implemented in the IoT environment for tele-emergency applications. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The proposed algorithm works on the adaptive principle of distance and energy threshold for less energy consumption. The algorithm adopts for the intelligent decision of using the energy in terms of the distance when the MANET connected with the IOT. Findings: In this research, we have developed the algorithms for Energy consumption in MANET when involved in the IoT environment. The algorithm has been tested with the Contiki-OS and Cooja Simulator and it remarkably it consumes less power for the MANET in the IOT. The experiment conducted shows the 10% of the reduction in the power consumption when compared with the other MANET algorithms when it is working in the IoT scenarios. Applications/Improvements: This algorithm is applied for the increase in the battery life-time of the tele-emergency network and it can be improvised for the better power consumption by changing the more parameters.
IoT, LOMAN, MANET.
- Thompson S, Narten T. IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration. 1998; RFC2462.
- Jeong J, Park J, Kim H, Kim D. Ad Hoc IP Address Autoconfiguration. 2003; draft-jeong-adhoc-ip-addrautoconf-01.
- IETF Zeroconf working group. Available from: www.zeroconf.org/.
- Zero conf requirements. Available from: Date accessed: 21/10/1999: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/zeroconf-charter.html.
- Williams A. Requirements for Automatic Configuration of IP Hosts. 2002; draft-ietf-zeroconf-reqts-12.
- Jeong J, Park J, Kim H, Park K. Name Service in IPv6 Mobile Ad-hoc Network. ICOIN 2003; p. 1-5.
- Jeong J, Park J, Kim H. Service Discovery based on Multicast DNS in IPv6 Mobile Ad-hoc Networks. VTC-Spring. 2003; 3:1763-67.
- Perkins C, Belding-Royer E, Das S. Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing. RFC 3561. 2003; p. 1-37.
- Perkins C, Belding-Royer E, Das S. Ad Hoc On Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing for IP version draft-perkins-manet-aodv6-01. 2001.
- Koushik CP, Vetrivelan P, Ratheesh R. Energy Efficient Landmark Selection for Group Mobility Model in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(26):1-7.
- Belding-Royer E, Perkins C. Multicast Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (MAODV) Routing. draft-ietf-manet-maodv-00. 2000; 2(2):1-1.
- Implementation of IPv6 AODV and MAODV. Date accessed: 16/ 07/ 2006: Available from: http://www.adhoc.6ants.net/.
- Jeong J, Park J, Kim H. Phoenix Park, Korea: DNS Name Service based on Secure Multicast DNS for IPv6 Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. 2004; 1:3-7.
- Chin KW, Judge J, Williams A, Kermode R. Implementation experience with MANET routing protocols. ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review. 2002; 32(5):49-59.
- Sumathi A, Sundaram BV. An ANN Approach in Ensuring CIA Triangle using an Energy based Secured Protocol E-AODV for Enhancing the Performance in MANETS. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(34):1-10.
- Antonio J, Jara J, Ladid L, Skarmeta A. The Internet of Everything through IPv6: An Analysis of Challenges, Solutions and Opportunities. Journal of Wireless Mobile Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Dependable Applications. 2013; 4(3):97-118.
- Chibelushi C, Eardley A, Arabo A. Identity Management in the Internet of Things: the Role of MANETs for Healthcare Applications. Computer Science and Information Technology. 2013; 1(2):73-81.
- Ahamad T, Aljumah A. Detection and Defense Mechanism against DDoS in MANET. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(33):1-4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.