Total views : 227
Linearly Polarized Microstrip Planar Filtenna for X and Ku Band Communication Systems
Objective: Design and analysis of a Planar filtenna to operate in X and Ku band communication systems. Methods/Analysis: The design of the filter consisting of planar metallic structure on the top side and a defected ground type structure on another side of the substrate. A substrate material is integrated with vias at the bottom part of the designed structure. The simulation results of the designed filtenna are carried with commercial electromagnetic tool HFSS and all the filtenna radiation characteristics are presented in this work. Findings: A substrate integrated waveguide filter is used in this model for RF channel selection as well as a balun. The proposed filtenna occupies a compact dimension of 12x35.5x1.6 mm. Novelty/Improvement: Planar structures with substrate integrated vias are acting as electromagnetic band gap structures in the current design. The surface wave related losses will be suppressed with this novel structure. Microstrip line feeding with 50 ohm impedance and easy integration are making this model suitable for multiband communication applications.
Filtenna, Ku-Band, Linear Polarization, Substrate Integrated Waveguide, Vias, X-Band.
- Deslandes D, Wu K. Integrated microstrip and rectangular waveguide in planar form. IEEE Microw Wireless Compon Lett. 2001; 11(2):68–70.
- Karunakar G, Kumar KP. Slot coupled H-plane tee junction analysis. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2011 Aug; 4(8)1–3.
- Ramkiran DS, Madhav BTP. Compact microstrip band pass filter with defected ground structure. Far East Journal of Electronics and Communications. 2015; 15(1):75–84.
- Zuo JH, Chen XW, Han GR, Li L, Zhang WM. An integrated approach to RF antenna-filter co-design. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag Lett. 2009; 8:141–4.
- Lakshmikanth P, Takeshore K H, Madhav BTP. Printed Log Periodic dipole antenna with Notched filter at 2.45 GHz Frequency for wireless communication applications. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. 2015; 10(3):40–4.
- Choi JY. Design and analysis of squared patch antenna with multi squared slots. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(26):1–4.
- Lakshmi MLSNS, Madhav BTP. Analytical study on folded-slot koch fractal antenna. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(17):66573–8.
- Babu MA, Madhav BTP. Flared V-shape slotted monopole multiband antenna with metamateril loading. International Journal of communications Antenna propagation. 2015; 5(2):93–7.
- Madhav BTP, Sanikommu MMNVS, Pranoop P. CPW fed antenna for wideband applications based on tapered step ground and EBG structure. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(9):119–27.
- Srikanth S, Jeyalakshmi V. Compact UWB micro strip band pass filter with open circuited stub. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(13):1–4.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.