Total views : 317
Interior Tracking with Automatic Attendance and Reporting System
Objectives: The world we knew yesterday is not the same today. There is development in every field of science and technology. This paper is the development of Global Positioning system with interior tracking and taking attendance automatically in school or any workplace. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Interior positioning has a foot print of the interior location of the building. We use a router and a radio frequency transponder for this. The transponder is tracked by the router and is shown on the LCD with the name of the router which detects it. Automatic attendance and reporting is carried out by the router and the RTC device of this system. This device is programmed in such a way that the RTC device waits for the given period of time for the transponder to be detected by the assigned router. If the time passed out, the RTC device sends the information to the control room that the tag holder did not attend the location in the given time. If this is set up in a class room, the absence of the faculty or the student can be identified through the control room. Thus understanding that the class is not occupied by the faculty on time. Findings: This solves the problems faced by GPS inside a locality or building. With this device one can locate the faculty, take attendance while the person is mobile. This works perfectly till 3-5 meters. Applications/Improvements: More improvement can be brought to this technology by adding high power receivers and transmitters. More bit error rates can be reduced by adding filters to this device but this makes that system with high estimated production costs.
Interior Tracking, PIC Microcontroller, RF ID, RF ID Tag, ZigBee.
- Nuaimi KA, Kamel H. Faculty of Information Technology (FIT), United Arab Emirates University, UAE. Abu Dhabi: Conference, A Survey of Indoor Positioning Systems and Algorithms. 2011 Apr; p. 185-90. ISBN: 978-1-4577-03119, INSPEC Accession Number: 12069799.
- Mainetti L, Patrono L, Sergi H. Department of Innovation Engineering, University of Salento. Lecce, Italy: A survey on indoor positioning systems. 2014 Sept, p. 111-20. INSPEC AccessionNumber: 14929162, Conference Location: Split.
- Wang W, Wan J, He G. Three Gorges University, Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy School, China, 2011. Yichang: Conference, Research on The Zigbee wireless communication technology. 2011 Sept; p.1245-49.
- Bhanu JB, Babu AV, Trimurthy P. An Efficient Architecture for Implementing Syntax Evolution of Embedded System. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Sep; 8(23):1-11.
- Chaitanya BVSS. An Effective Framework for Integrating Web Services with Embedded Systems. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Dec; 8(33):1-5.
- Sivakumar R, Maheswari A, Pushpa P. ZigBee-based Wireless Electronic Scale and its Network Performance Analysis for the Application of Smart Billing System in Super Markets. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(3):352-59.
- Krithika N, Seethalakshmi R. Safety Scheme for Mining Industry Using Zigbee Module. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Jan; 7(8):1222-27.
- Kumari S. Real Time Authentication System for RFID Applications. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2014 Mar; 7(S3):47-51.
- Priyanka DD, Jayaprabha T, Florance DD, Jayanthi A, Ajitha E. A Survey on Applications of RFID Technology. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Jan; 9(2):1-5.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.