Total views : 407
An Analysis of Radiation Fusion Technology-Related Patents Using Statistical Methods and Data Mining Techniques
Background/Objectives: This study was conducted to identify the trends related to the patents for ‘radiation anti-oxidation technology’, and to perform technological forecasting for that technology using statistical methods and data mining techniques. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The extraction of patents for analysis was carried out using a website KIPRIS. Documents including the words ‘irradiation’ and ‘anti-oxidation’ were searched for to target patents registered between January 1999 and January 2015. Finally, a total of 512 patent documents were selected as analysis objects through an editing process. Findings: Key finds are as follows. First, most of the top 10 patents are related to cosmetic development, drug development and food processing. Second, in terms of the degree of support, the degree is high when a technology of A61Q 19/08 is first developed and then a technology of A61K 8/97 is developed. Third, in the top association rules identified using 491 IPC codes included in 512 RFT-related patent documents, the technologies of “proliferation of flowering plants using tissue culture technology” are developed. Application/Improvements: The findings of this study are significant as they have derived basic data for technological forecasting by identifying specific information about core technology factors included in each patent for radiation anti-oxidation technology.
Data Mining, IPC Code, Patent, Radiation Fusion Technology, Statistical Analysis.
- Choi J, Kim H, Im N. Keyword network analysis for technology forecasting. Journal of Intelligence and Information System. 2011; 17(4):227-40.
- Bengisu M, Nekhili R. Forecasting emerging technologies with the aid of science and technology databases. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. 2006; 73(7):835-844.
- Weaver WT. The delphi forecasting method. The Phi Delta Kappan. 1971; 52(5):267-71.
- Agami NME, Omran AMA, Saleh M M, Shishiny HEEE. An enhanced approach for trend impact analysis. Technology Forecasting and Social Change. 2008; 75(9):1439-50.
- Lee SJ, Lee SH, Seol HJ, Park YT. Using patent information for designing new product and technology: Keyword based technology roadmapping. R&D Management. 2008; 38(2):169-88.
- Jun S, Lee SJ. Emerging technology forecasting using new patent information analysis. International Journal of Software Engineering and its Applications. 2012; 6(3):107-16.
- Choi J, Hwang YS. Patent keyword network analysis for improving technology development efficiency. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. 2014; 83:170-82.
- Lee S, Yoon B, Park Y. An approach to discovering new technology opportunities: Keywords-based patent map approach. Technovation. 2009; 29(6-7):481-97.
- Kho JC. A study on research trend in management of technology using keywords network analysis, Sungkyunkwan University Ph. D. Thesis: Seoul; 2013. p. 752-53.
- Huh MH. Introduction to social network analysis using R, Freedom Academy Press: Seoul; 2012.
- Scott JG . Social network analysis(3rd ed.), SAGE: Los Angles; 2012.
- Rousseeuw PJ. Silhouettes: a graphical aid to the interpretation and validation of cluster analysis. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. 1987; 20:53-65.
- Kaufman L, Rousseeuw PJ. Finding Groups in Data: An Introduction to Cluster Analysis. New Jersey: John Wiley and Sons; 1990.
- Everitt BS, Landau S, Leese M, Stahl D. Cluster analysis. 4th ed. New Jersey: Wiley. 2001;13(2):336-42.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.