Total views : 248
An Analysis of Soccer-Related Patents
Background/Objectives: This research was conducted to analyze domestic soccer-related patents and to identify trends in patents for domestic soccer and make predictions about domestic soccer technology using statistical methods and data mining methods. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The analysis object data used by this study targeted domestic patents and utilities as 'soccer'-related patents. The period for the search was not subjected to any specific restriction. All patents registered, disclosed and expired were targeted in the process of collection and 185 patents ranging from year 1973 to 2015 based on the year of patent application were selected as analysis objects. Cluster analysis, association technology extraction and technology network analysis were used for statistical analysis. Findings: As a result, in soccer-related technologies, the technologies related to soccer footwear or robots are predicted as becoming significant technologies in the realm of off-line services and soccer game-related technologies are predicted as becoming significant technologies in the realm of on-line services. Application/Improvements: This study identified the relationships among the technologies of soccer-related industries and central technology clusters and patents. It is thought that the findings of this study can be used as basic data to make predictions about the technologies of soccer-related industries.
Association Technology, Data Mining, Soccer, Patent, Social Network Analysis.
- Jeong WS, Ryum JS, Yi JH. The influence of soccer shoe upper materials on the ball velocity and its torque. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2011; 50(6):419–27.
- Horne VS, Stefanyshyn DJ. Potential method of optimizing the klapskate hinge position in speed skating. Journal of Applied Biomechanics. 2005 Aug; 21(3):211–22.
- Lee EJ, Rim MH. An analysis of foreign sports industry as a promising technology. The Korea Contents Association Spring Conference; 2015. p. 367–8.
- Cha MH. A study for students throw game education contents. Journal of the Korean Society for Computer Game. 2011 Oct; 24(4):193–200.
- Choi J, Kim H, Im N. Keyword network analysis for technology forecasting. Journal of Intelligence and Information System. 2011; 17(4):227–40.
- Weaver WT. The delphi forecasting method. The Phi Delta Kappan. 1971 Jan; 52(5):267–71.
- Bengisu M, Nekhili R. Forecasting emerging technologies with the aid of science and technology databases. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. 2006 Sep; 73(7):835–44.
- Agami NME, Omran AMA, Saleh MM, Shishiny HEEE. An enhanced approach for trend impact analysis. Technology Forecasting and Social Change. 2008 Nov; 75(9):1439–50.
- Lee SJ, Lee SH, Seol HJ, Park YT. Using patent information for designing new product and technology: Keyword based technology roadmapping. R&D Management. 2008 Mar; 38(2):169–88.
- Jun S, Lee SJ. Emerging technology forecasting using new patent information analysis. International Journal of Software Engineering and its Applications. 2012 Jul; 6(3):107– 16.
- Choi J, Hwang YS. Patent keyword network analysis for improving technology development efficiency. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. 2014 Mar; 83:170–82.
- Lee S, Yoon B, Park Y. An approach to discovering new technology opportunities: Keywords-based patent map approach. Technovation. 2009 Jun-Jul; 29(6-7):481–97.
- Kho JC. A study on research trend in management of technology using keywords network analysis. [PhD thesis]. Seoul: Sungkyunkwan University; 2013.
- Jun S, Uhm D. Patent and statistics, what’s the connection? Communications of the Korea Statistical Society. 2010; 17(2):205–22.
- Everitt BS, Landau S, Leese M, Stahl D. Cluster analysis. 4th ed. New Jersey: Wiley; 2001.
- Scott JG. Social network analysis. 3rd ed. Los Angeles: SAGE; 2012.
- Huh MH. Introduction to social network analysis using R. Seoul: Freedom Academy Press; 2012.
- Jun S. Technology network model using bipartite social network analysis. Communications in Computer and Information Science. 2012 Dec; 340:28–35.
- Jun S, Park S, Jang D. Patent analysis at technology forecasting. Seoul: Kyowoosa; 2014.
- Kang HJ. A study on the projection of the promising fusion technologies by US patent analysis. [PhD thesis] Seoul: Kookmin University; 2006.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.