Total views : 253
Impacts of Support for Marine Sports Athletes on their Growth Potential
Background/Objectives: This research tries to investigate how emotional, instrumental and social support for the marine sports athletes affects their growth potential. It also aims to provide empirical data for the reasonable management of the athletes in the sports field. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This research was conducted to investigate the effects of support of marine sports athletes on their growth potential. The targets of this research were 244 marine sports athletes in 2015 and a survey was conducted on them. For the data processing, exploratory factor analysis, reliability test, frequency analysis, correlation analysis and multiple regression analysis were conducted and the results are as follows. Findings: First, of the correlation between the support for marine sports athletes and growth potential, emotional support had a positive correlation with growth flexibility and instrumental and social support had positive correlations with possibility and growth flexibility. Second, also regarding the effect of support for on marine sports athletes, social support had a positive effect. Third, of the effect of support for the marine sports athletes on growth flexibility, instrumental support had a positive effect. On the growth potential of the marine sports athletes, instrumental support and social support showed positive effects. Application/Improvement: From these results, we can say that support for the marine sports athletes has a positive effect on the growth potential. That is, we need to strengthen the instrumental and social support for the growth potential of marine sports athletes. For further research, considering the support for marine sports athletes as the result variable, more diverse variables can be added to make a big improvement in research on marine sports athletes.
Emotional, Growth Potential, Instrumental Supports, Marine Sports, Problem-Solving.
- Sam-Up J. The analysis of natural environmental factors for the popularization of marine sports. Korea Sport Research. 2004; 15(6):949–69.
- Yum Y, Lee-Kyung L. The influence of adolescents actives of marine sports on the development of their sociality. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Chungang University; 2008.
- Ji Sam UP. The study of high school student’s activities of marine sports on the development of their sociality. The Korean Society Fishries and Sciences Education. 2006; 18(3):329–40.
- Jo HJ. An analysis of stress factor and stress coping method in squash players. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Changwon National University; 2006.
- Kim SO. A study of self-efficacy, social support, health promoting life style profile for middle aged men. Bulletin of Dongnam Health College. 2000; 18(2):177–86.
- Kim JY. Effect of the leisure activities and the social supports on depression: Focusing on middle ages and old ages. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Catholic University of Daegu; 2008.
- Cohen S, Wills TA. Stress, social support and the buffering hypothesis. Psychological Bulletin. 1985 Sep; 98(2):310–57.
- Kim GJ. Effective life coaching study: Social Support Center. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Sookmyung Women’s University; 2008.
- Kaplan HB. Psychosocial stress: Trends in the theory and research. NY: Academic Press; 1984. p. 195–264.
- Cobb S. Social support as a moderator of life stress. Psychosomatic Medicine. 1976 Sep-Oct; 38(5):300–14.
- Kaplan BH, Cassel JC, Gore S. Social support and medical care. Psychosomatic Medicine. 1977; 15(5):47–58.
- Park JK. Effects of emotional and instrumental support for Taekwondo player on growth potential recognition and immersion in routine exercise. Korean Alliance of Martial Arts. 2013; 15(1):69–78.
- Kwon DI. Influence of Taekwondo player’s supportive recognition on athletic performance. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Dankook University; 2008.
- Yang SS. The effects of the social support within the Taekwondo team in secondary schools on the burnout of the players. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Dankook University; 2010.
- Cho TS, Ha S. The influence of hockey instructor`s charismatic leadership on the team result and flexible growth. Korean Journal of Sport Management. 2005; 10(4):109–20.
- Hair JF, Anderson RE, Tatham RL, Black W. Multivariate data analysis. Englewood Cliffs. NJ: Prentice Hall; 2006.
- Han Kwang M. A research on university students perceptions on ocean sports: A survey in Gwangju and Chonnam Province. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Chonnam University; 2006.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.