Total views : 253
The Peer Relationship and Academic of Soccer Players
Background/Objectives: This research aims to examine the correlation between peer relationships and academic attitude of the soccer players. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The research hypotheses regarding the direction to take to achieve the right academic attitude through peer relationships with average students other than soccer players are as follows: First, there will be a correlation between peer relationships and the academic attitude of the soccer players. Second, the peer relationships of the soccer players will affect their academic attitude. The target of the research was 181 middle school male soccer players in the Honam area. For data processing we used exploratory factor analysis, a reliability test, correlation analysis and multiple regression analysis and the results are as follows. Findings: First, for the relationship between peer relationships and academic attitudes, interest in class had positive correlations with position among peers, degree of interest and socialization with peers. Class concentration and learning in class had positive correlations with position among peers, degree of interest and emotion with peers. Also, class accomplishments had positive correlations with position among peers and degree of interest. Second, in the peer relationship, position among peers and degree of interest had a positive effect on the interest in class, class concentration and class accomplishments. But for learning in class, only degree of interest had a positive effect. Novelty/Improvement: We can conclude that for the middle school soccer players, peer relationships with average students have a positive effect on their academic attitudes. Therefore, to make soccer players have the right academic attitude, we need to encourage them to have good peer relationships with average students. Also, for the further improvement of the research, instead of limiting the target to middle school students the sampling should be expanded to high school and college.
Learned Attitude, Relationship, School fellow, Soccer Players, Socialnorm.
- Department of Education Human Resources. Existing School Physical Education Guidelines: Setting up a studying student athlete award and operating school athletic clubs. 2006. Available from: http://mhrd.gov.in/higher_education
- Im I, Sung-Chul S, Won W, Young-Shin Y. The practical process of making student-athletes study by high school athletic club director. Korean Society for Sociology of Sport. 2012; 25(3):115–35.
- Choi C, Soo-Min S. A study on the school life adaptability of secondary school athletes and non-athletes. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Ewha Womans University; 2004. p. 1–104.
- Choi C, Myung-Jung M. The effect of the friendship of middle school soccer players on social adaptation and life satisfaction. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Kookmin University; 2012.
- Jung J, Woon-Bum W. The impact of student’s social relationship on the academic achievement: With a focus on the relationship with parents, teachers and peers. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Yonsei University. 2011; 38(3):183– 97.
- Sung V, Sun-Jin S. Analysis of the causal relationships of the factors related to school adjustment of adolescents. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Chungbuk University; 2010. p. 257–79.
- Kim K, Seung-Ho S. The effects of academic emotions on motivation in e-learning. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Sejong University; 2013. p. 1–5.
- Im I, Sung-Chul S, Lee L, Seong-Bum S, Lee L, Dae-Hyoung D. Experiences of high school students participating afterschool program for college preparation. Journal of Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education. 2012; 17(2):39– 50.
- Kim K, Yun-Young Y, Kang K, Seoung-Ki S. Influence of zero hour class physical activities on junior high school students physical fitness, physical self-efficacy and attitude toward learning. The Korean Journal of Measurement and Evaluation in Physical Education and Sport Science. 2013; 15(1):45–56.
- Water ML, Hudson SL. Children and their Friend. Issues in Social Development. London: Metheum; 1987.
- Mi J. Effect of the peer counseling on classmate relationships and class Cohesiveness of 5th graders. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Kyunghee University; 2004. p. 1–128.
- Korean Education Development Institute. Integrated understanding and future plans toward Korean education: Questionnaire survey data collection. Seoul: Korean Education Development Institute. 2015. Available from: http://eng.kedi.re.kr/khome/eng/kjep/pubList.do,Data.
- Seo S, Mi-Kyeong M. A study of the effects of Homeroom Teachers leadership style on learning attitude and learning achievement of middle school student. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Kyungnam University; 2015.
- Hong H, Chan-Im C. The relation between learning attitude and swimming performance of high school swimmer. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Kookmin University; 2010.
- Nunnally JC, Bemstein IH. Psychometric Theory. McGrawHill; 1994.
- Baek B, Min-Cheol. A character education’s personality developing roles and functions for elementary school students in TaeKwonDo institution programs. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Kyunghee University; 2013.
- Lee L, Seoung-Rhan S. The effects of cooperative learning on children’s learning attitude and peer relationship. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Changwon National University; 2013.
- Buhrmester D. Intimacy of friendship, interpersonal competence and adjustment during preadolescence and adolescence. Child Development. 1994; 61(4):1101–11.
- Berndt TJ, Keefe K. How friends influence adolescent’s adjustment to school. Eric Document Reproduction; 1991. p. 332–813.
- Lee L, Jeong-Sook J. Family trouble. Seoul: Kyomunsa; 2012.
- Park P, So-Joon S. Influence of Hapkido training on the human nature development, relation with friends, learning attitude and family life attitude of elementary school students. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Mokpo National University; 2014.
- Hong H, Seo-Eue S. A study of the effect of cooperative learning in social studies on academic motivation and learning attitudes: STAD Focused on. [Unpublished Master’s Dissertation]. Kookmin University. 2011; 18(3):260–7.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.