Total views : 275
The Influence Factors on Health-Related Quality of Life of Middle-Aged Working Women
Background/Objectives: The objective of this research is to grasp the middle-aged working women’s physical condition, climacteric symptom, job-family complications, social support and health related quality of life, and its influence factor. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This research is the descriptive interrelation to grasp the factor that affects the health related quality of life of middle-aged working women, and targeted to 141 middle-aged career women living in C province and D province. The data was collected by using a questionnaire from September 1 to 30, 2015. Findings: The less menopausal symptom in the relation of the middle-aged career women’ health related life quality (r = -.441, p<.001), the better physical condition perceived (r = .335, p<.001), the lower job-family complication (r = -.384, p<.001), the higher social support (r = .406, p<.001) the higher middle-aged career women’ health related life quality. The influence factors of the middle-aged career women’ health related life quality were menopausal symptom 19.4% (β = -.355, p<.001), followed by social support 9.6% (β = .314, p<.001), exercise 3.2% (β = -.179, p<.001), and these three variables explained 32.2% of the health-related quality of life of middle-aged working women. Improvements/Applications: In developing health promotion program to increase the health related quality of life of middle-aged working women, the menopausal symptom, social support, exercise shall be taken into account.
Climacteric Symptom, Health-Related Quality, Job-Family Complications, Middle-Aged Women, Social Support
- Statistics Korea. Elderly statistics. Available from: http://kostat.go.kr
- Statistics Korea. The lives of women looking to statistics. Available from: www.kostat.go.kr/eng/
- Park HS, Kim AJ, Bae KE. Life stress, life satisfaction, and adaption of middle-aged women in the menopause period. Korean Parent Child Health Journal. 2010; 13(2):55–62.
- Kim HJ, Kim SH, Lee HK, Oh SE. Factors affecting symptom experiences of breast cancer patients: Based on the therapy of unpleasant symptoms. Asian Oncology Nursing. 2014; 14(1):7–14.
- Kim GS, Kim EG, Lee CY, You MA, Kim BJ, Park SH, Lee SN, Kim JE. Obesity related factors in middle aged women: Comparison of body mass index and/or waist circumference as measure of obesity. Journal of Korean Academy of Public Health Nursing. 2009; 23(2):273–84.
- Lee KW, Park KS, Kang YS, Kim RB, Kim BK, Seo AR. The association of family support and self-rated health status of low-income middle-aged women. Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion. 2009; 26(3):15–23.
- Lawston MP, Moss M, Fulcomer M, Kleban MH. A research and service oriented multilevel assessment instrument. Journal of Gerontology. 1982; 37(1):91–9.
- Shin IS. The factors that influenced the quality of life in cancer patients [Unpublished master’s thesis]. Kyung Hee University; 2005. p. 266–70.
- Sarrel PM. Evaluation and management of postmenopausal patients. Female Pt. 1995; 20(2):27–32.
- Jo HS, Lee KJ. A comparative study climacteric symptoms of natural menopausal women and artificial menopausal women. Korea Society of Nursing Science. 2001; 31(4): 692–702.
- Han SH. A study on the menopausal symptoms, menopausal management and quality of life in middle aged women [Unpublished master’s thesis]. Ewha Woman University; 2004.
- Carlson DS, Kacmar KM, Wilham LJ. Construction and initial validation of a multidimensional measure of work-family conflict. Journal of Vocational Behavior. 2000; 56(1):249–76.
- Jeon JH. The effect of working mothers’ work-family conflict on organizational performance-focused on the moderating effect of the corporate family-supportive policies [Unpublished master’s thesis]. Yonsei University; 2004. p. 1–30.
- Park JW. A study to development a scale of social support [Unpublished doctoral dissertation]. Yonsei University; 1985. p. 1–24.
- Dunbar GC, Stoker MJ, Hodges T, Beaumont G. The development of SBQOL- A unique scale for measuring quality of life. Brit J Med Econo. 1992; 2(1):65–74.
- Stoker MJ, Dunbar GC, Beaumont G. The SmithKline Beecham ‘Quality of Life’ scale: A validation and reliability study in patients with affective disorder. Qual Life Res. 1992; 1(2):385–95.
- Yoon JS, Kook SH, Lee MS. A preliminary study on Korean version of the Smith Kline Beecham ‘Quality of Life’ scale (KvSBQOL). Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association. 1998; 37(2):280–94.
- Chae YR. Relationships of perceived health status, depression and quality of life of breast cancer survivors. Korean Journal of Adult Nursing. 2005; 17(1):119–27.
- Kim NH, Lee EJ, Kwak SY, Park MR. A phenomenological study on the experiences of parenting burden of working mother with young children in Korea. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2013; 19(3):188–200.
- Park IK, Kim YH. Relationship among exercise imagery, physical activity, and health-related quality of life. Korean Journal of Sport Psychology. 2014; 25(3):15–28.
- Eom AY. The effects of the tai chi exercise on metabolic syndrome and health-related quality of life in middle-aged women. The Journal of Muscle and Joint Health. 2012; 19(2):152–60.
- Shin EH, Kim HK. Factors influencing health-related quality of life among male workers in Korea. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(1):236–46.
- Chang HK. Influencing factors on health related quality of life in middle age. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing. 2012; 24(4):339–47.
- Kim A K, Yangsaeng Y. Health Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) in middle aged women. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing. 2010; 16(3):297–306.
- Koo BJ. A study of climacteric symptoms, hwabyung and quality of life in middle-aged women. Global Social Welfare Review. 2013; 3(2):5–24.
- Jeon HS, Lee HY. A study on subjective happiness, life satisfaction expectancy, mindfulness and social support of the marital middle-aged women. Journal of Asian Women. 2010; 49(1):123–59.
- Sohn YJ. The influencing factors on Health Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) in married working women. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing. 2007; 19(3):422–35.
- Sohn SY. A study on health status and health related quality of life by job characteristics in Korean adult women. Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing. 2009; 18(1):33–43.
- Lee JH, Kim KH, Kim GD. The mediating effect of cognitive function on climacteric symptoms and quality of life in the middle-aged women. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. 2014; 15(7):4439–48.
- Lee HG, Kim YH. An integrative approach of psychological variables for predicting the physical activity of adults. Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2012; 51(5):207–16.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.