Total views : 252
Relation between University Life Adaptation and Future Aspiration of Art Majoring University Students
Background/Objectives: This study has purpose to investigate the relation between university life adaptation and future aspiration of art major university students. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Art major university students were selected as a population in which a total of 367 subjects were gathered with 122 dance majors, 87 music majors, and 158 design majors. Questionnaires were used as the investigation tool in this research as a purposive sampling method. Collected data were analyzed by exploratory factor analysis and reliability analysis, correlation analysis, one-way ANOVA, t-test, and multiple regression analysis. Findings: First, music majors showed higher difference between university life adaptation and future aspiration, university satisfaction, academic adaptation, and major job satisfaction aspiration than dance or design majors in which dance majors showed higher socioeconomic status aspiration than music majors or design majors. Also, higher family average income showed higher university satisfaction, academic adaptation, and socioeconomic status aspiration. Academic ability of fathers showed difference in academic adaptation. Students with fathers of academic ability of high school graduation or higher are showed higher academic adaptation than middle school graduation. Second, as a result of looking into the difference between university life adaptation and future aspiration according to participation in majors of art major university students. Generally, higher practice frequency showed higher academic adaptation, university satisfaction, and major job satisfaction aspiration. Third, academic adaptation showed to have positive influence on socioeconomic status aspiration. Academic adaptation and university satisfaction showed to have positive influence on job satisfaction aspiration of art majoring university students. Application/Improvements: The job of art majoring students already demand keen competition. Therefore this research is provided students majoring in art with new art field jobs and employments information.
Art Major, Future Aspiration, University Student, University Life Adaptation.
- Kim EJ. Academic adjustment and psychological adjustment of college student. Yonsei Consultation Research. 1992; 8(1):85–114.
- Baker RW, Siryk B. Measuring adjustment to college. Journal of Counseling Psychology. 1984; 31(1):9–189.
- Kim HE, Lee OH. Yongin university undergraduates of 2008 field survey of college life. Student Life Research. 2008; 16(2):147–90.
- uneasy future for the artist.... Korea national university of arts student Han YJ commits suicide. Available from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea_National_University_of_Arts CBS. Date accessed: 10/08/2011.
- Special education on hold due to ‘ urban colleges special business. Available from: m.blog.naver.com. Data accessed: 2014.
- Kim YM. The influence of dance achievement on future aspiration of collegiate dancers. Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport. 2001; 14(1):239–55.
- Yun SY, Min SH. Analysis on occupational preference, career, aspiration and career attitude maturity of middle & high school students. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Apr; 8(7):664–73.
- Kim MS, Yun SY. A study on the nursing student with academic self-efficacy, motivation and career aspiration. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(1):226–30.
- Kim KA. The relationship between parent expectation and furture aspiration of dance major student in art high schools. Doctoral Dissertation. Dankook University. Korea, 2005.
- Kim BR. The influence of personality traits on learning style and dance achievement and future aspiration of the gifted in dance. Doctoral Dissertation. Dankook University. Korea. 2013; 11(1):1–10.
- Kim YM, Yoo CS. The determinant factors related to future aspiration of college athletes. Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport. 2001; 16(1):1067–79.
- Lee JK. The relationship between future aspiration and self-actualization of college athletes. The Korean Journal of Physical Education. 2004; 43(4):141–51.
- Student adaptation to college questionnaire manual. Western Psychological Services. Available from: https://www.wpspublish.com/store/Images/Downloads/Product/SACQ_Sample-Test-Report.pdf, Data accessed: 1989.
- Chu HS. Investigation on the music major college students’ perception of vocation. The Korean Journal of Arts Education. 2013; 11(3):107–20.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.