Total views : 311
Influence of Self-management on Dance Confidence and Dance Achievement of University Student Majoring in Dance
Background/Objectives: The aim of this study was identifying the influence of self-management on dance confidence and dance achievement of university student majoring in dance. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The survey was conducted of 320 university student majoring in dance based in Seoul and Gyeonggi region. Questionnaires were used as the investigation tool as a purposive sampling method in which a total of 303 copies excluding 17 insincere responses were used for final analysis. Materials were analyzed using frequency analysis, factor analysis, t-test, one-way ANOVA, correlation analysis, and multiple regression analysis. Findings: It was revealed that participants of 2nd and 4th grade higher than 1st and 3rd grade in self-management and participants of 4th grade higher than other grade in confidence. And participants of modern dance were higher than that of traditional dance and ballet. Dance achievement was higher as dance career was higher. The training management and mental management had a positive influence on performance confidence and activity confidence. The training and mental management had a positive influence on practical ability achievement. And training, mental and performance management had a positive influence on understanding ability achievement. The confidence of university dancer is higher as dance achievement is higher. Application/Improvements: The self-management of dancers have an overall positive effect not only on dance confidence, but also on dance achievement, with a particularly significant influence on practical skill and comprehension ability achievement.
Confidence, Dance Achievement, Dance, Self-management.
- Jones RT, Nelson RE, Kazdin AE. The role of external variables in self reinforcement: A review. Behavior Modification. 1997; 1(1):147–78.
- Roh JS, Hong HJ. The relationship between self-management, perfectionism and flow of dancers. Official Journal of Korean Society of Dance Science. 2010; 24(4):1–18.
- Guthrie EA, Black D, Shaw CM, Hamilton J, Creed FH , Tomenson B. Embarking upon a medical career: Psychological morbidity in first year medical student. Medical Education. 1995; 29(5):337–41.
- Yoo JS. The relation between physical self-concept and selfmanagement and dance achievement of university dance majors. The Korean Journal of Dance. 2009; 60(5–6):205– 22.
- Feltz DL. Self-confidence and sport performance. Exercise and Sport Science Reviews. 1988; 16(2):423–57.
- Bandura A. Self- efficacy; Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review. 1977; 84(1):191– 215.
- Jeong SJ. The effects on confidence and satisfaction of dance with the propensity to achievement goal of dance degrees. Master’s Thesis. Dankook University. Korea; 2010.
- Hur JH. Structural validation of athletes’ self-managerment and cause and effect model test. Ph.D. Thesis. Chungang University. Korea; 2001.
- Vealey RS. Conceptualization of sport confidence and competitive orientation: Preliminary investigation and instrument development. Journal of Sport Psychology. 1986; 8(1):221–46.
- Han LS. Relationships among personality trait, self-confidence, and dance achievement of university dance majors. Official Journal of Korean Society of Dance Science. 2013; 30(3):123–36.
- Min HJ. The influence of self-management on self-efficacy and dance confidence of university students in dance major. The Korean Journal of Dance. 2015; 73(2):191–208.
- Han HW. The relationship among self-management, selfconfidence and satisfaction of performance in college athletes. Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women. 2010; 24(3):153–66.
- Ministry of Culture. Cultural informatization white paper. Culture and Information Center of Ministry of Culture; 2013.
- Bandura A. Self-efficacy mechanism in human agency. American Psychologist. 1982 Feb; 37(2):122–47.
- Syed I, Hassan AA. State anxiety and self-efficacy among track and field low and high performers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016 Feb; 9(7):1–6.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.