Total views : 440
A Method to Cope with Black Holes’ Attack in Mobile Networks and the Study of their Impact on the Basic Parameters of AODV and DSR Protocol
Security is one of the most important concerns of the basic capabilities of mobile networks. Black hole attacks are one of the prevalent attacks with which routing protocols of mobile network s encounter. In this paper, a method has been presented to deal with those attacks, at same time considering the quality of service. In this method, packets are sent through configured reservation paths. Simulation is carried out in opnet and the results revealed that the proposed algorithms yield good results in terms of packet delivery ratio and throughput when compared with the Ad hoc On-demand Distance Vector (AODV) and Dynamic Source Routing (DSR) protocol. Throughput parameters after applying proposed technique, show 6.51 percent increase for AODV, and 61.86 percent increase for DSR. Also the packet delivery ratio shows 96,68 increase for AODV while it is almost zero percent for DSR. Of course it must be noted that some increase has been observed in sending and receiving that will completely be explained in simulation part.
AODV, Black Hole Attack, DSR, Mobile Ad hoc NETwork (MANET), OPerations NETwork (OPNET), Quality Of Service (QOS).
- Chadha MS, Joon R. Simulation and Comparison of AODV, DSR and AOMDV Routing Protocols in MANETs. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE). 2012; 2:375-81 .
- Ullah I, Rehman SH. Analysis of Black Hole Attack on MANETs Using Different MANET Routing Protocols. Master Thesis Blekinge Institute of Technology. Sweden, June; 2010.
- Dorri A, Kamel SR, Kheyrkhah E. Security challenges in mobile ad hoc networks: A survey. International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering Survey (IJCSES). 2015; 6:15-29.
- Chahal P, Tak GK, Tomar AS. Comparative Analysis of Various Attacks on MANET. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2015; 11:42-46.
- Asokan R. A review of Quality of Service (QoS) routing protocols for mobile Ad hoc networks. Wireless Communication and Sensor Computing, 2010. ICWCSC 2010. International Conference; 2010. p. 1-6.
- Bar RK, Mandal JK, Singh M. QoS of MANET Through Trust Based AODV Routing Protocol by Exclusion of Black Hole Attack. International Conference on Computational Intelligence: Modeling Techniques and Applications. 2013; 10:530-37.
- Sedaghat S, Jahrom Adibniya F, Derhami V. A mechanismbased QoS and security requirements consideration for MANETs QoS routing Telecommunications (IST), 2012 Sixth International Symposium; 2012. p. 1123–28.
- Chen T. Efficient Routing and Quality of Service Support for Ad Hoc Wireless Networks. Ph.D. Thesis, Science Department, University of California at Los Angeles, USA, Los Angeles; 2005.
- P. Virada, V. Tamilarasan S. Securing and preventing AODV routing protocol from black hole attack using counter algorithm. International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology (IJERT). 2012; 1(5):1-6.
- Perkins DD, Hughes HD. A survey on quality-of-service support for mobile ad hoc networks. Special Issue: Mobile Ad Hoc Networking – Research, Trends and Applications. 2002; 2:503-13.
- Paul B, Bhuiyan KA, Fatema K, Das PP. Analysis of AOMDV, AODV, DSR, and DSDV routing protocols for wireless sensor network. Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (CICN), IEEE; 2014. p. 364–69.
- Pana F, Put F. A Survey on the Evolution of RSVP. Advanced Computing and Communication Technologies (ACCT), 2012 Second International Conference on, IEEE; 2013. 99:1-29.
- Sharma N, Sharma A. The Black-Hole Node Attack in MANET. Communications Surveys and Tutorials IEEE; 2012. p.546–50.
- P.Virada V. “Securing And Preventing AODV Routing Protocol From Black Hole Attack Using Counter Algorithm”; International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT); 2010,8,.
- Singh H, Singh G, Singh M. Performance Evaluation of Mobile Ad Hoc Network Routing Protocols under Black Hole Attack. International Journal of Computer Applications. 2012; 42:43-46.
- Chaba Y, Singh Y, Joon M. Simulation based performance analysis of on-demand routing protocols in MANETs. Computer Modeling and Simulation, 2010. ICCMS ‘10. Second International Conference; 2010. 3:80-83.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.