Total views : 348
The Structutal Relationship among Authentic Leadership, Trust in Supervisor, Innovative Behavior and Organizational Citizenship Behavior
Background/Objectives: This study examines structural relationships among authentic leadership, trust in supervisor, innovative behavior and organizational citizenship behavior and it also aims to provide the effective implication for human resource management. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A convenience sample of 210 respondents was surveyed and a total of 195 usable questionnaires were analyzed. Since this study is a research on leadership perceived by subordinates, leaders such as people above pursers and managers were excluded from the survey. The analysis of research model used SPSS 21.0 and AMOS 22.0 to analyze the frequency of the data and conducted examination on research hypotheses through structural equation modeling. Findings: Through theoretical review, the study drew 3 hypotheses and collected data targeted at the flight attendants and ground service employees in the airlines. The results of the analysis are as follows. First hypothesis 1 suggesting that authentic leadership will have significant impact on trust in supervisor is adopted. Specifically, hypothesis 1 is showing .177(t value=2.905) of path coefficient and is adopted as t value meets a significant level (t value≧±1.96). Second, hypothesis 2 indicating trust in supervisor will have significant impact on innovative behavior is adopted, showing .457(t value=5.521) of path coefficient with significant t value (t value≧±1.96). Also, hypothesis 3 indicating trust in supervisor will have significant impact on organizational citizenship behavior is also adopted, showing .251(t value=3.012) of path coefficient with significant t value (t value≧±1.96). Consequently, in this study all hypotheses are adopted at a significant level of 0.05. Application/Improvements: Authentic leadership is an exemplary leadership that induces internalization of organization members through showing a good example.
Authentic Leadership, Innovative Behavior, Organizational Citizenship Behavior, Trust in Supervisor.
- Hwang YK, Lee CS. Structural relationship between authentic leadership, organizational communication, organizational effectiveness and psychological capital of office workers. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 April; 8(7):292–98. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8iS7/69993.
- Hong SH. An analysis of the structural relationships between authentic leadership of the CEO of small and medium business, learning organization, positive psychological capital of the employees and organizational effectiveness. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Soongsil University. 2011; 8(7):1–7.
- Sherwood J, Yoo S. The Relationship between self-leadership, self-efficacy and authentic leadership. Journal of Brain Education. 2012; 10(1):75–104.
- Doney PM, Canon JP. An examination of the nature of trust in buyer -seller relationships. Journal of Marking. 1997; 61(2):35–61.
- Anderson JC, Narus JA. A model of distributor firm and manufacturer firm partnerships. Journal of Marketing. 1990; 54(1):42–58.
- Kouzes JM, Posner BZ. Credibility: How leaders gain and lose it, why people demand it. SanFrancisco, Jossy-Bass Publishers; 1993. p. 272.
- Scott SG, Bruce RA. Determinants of innovative behavior: A path model of individual innovation in the workplace. Academy of Management Journal. 1994; 37(3):580–607.
- Farr JL, Ford CM. Individual innovation, innovation and creativity at work. New York: NY, Willey; 1990.
- Song JS, Yang PS, Willey NY . Mediating effects of psychological empowerment on the relationship between organizational justice and innovative behavior. Korean Academy of Human Resources Management. 2008; 15(3):63–87.
- Katz D, Kahn RL. The social psychology of organizations. New York, Wiley; 1978. p. 1–23.
- Bateman TS, Organ DW. Job satisfaction and the good soldier: The relationship between affect and employee citizenship. Academy of Management Journal. 1983; 26(4):587–95.
- Whitener E, Brodt S, Korsgaard MA, Werner J. Managers as initiators of trust: An exchange relationship for understanding managerial trustworthy behavior. Academy of Management Journal. 1998; 23(1):513–30.
- Walumbwa FO, Luthans F, Avey JB, Oke A. Authentically leading groups : The mediating role of collective psychological capital and trust. Journal of Organizational Behavior. 2011; 32(1):42–24.
- Avolio BJ, Gardner WL, Walumbwa FO, Luthans F, May DR. Unlocking the mask: A look at the process by which authentic leaders impact follower attitudes and behaviors. The Leadership Quarterly. 2004; 15(6):801–23.
- Tan H, Tan C. Toward the differentiation of trust in supervisor and trust in organization. Genetic Social & General Psychology Monographs. 2000; 126(2):241–61.
- Chung YJ. The analysis of effective factor for reforming behavior: focused on organizational support, leader-member exchange s and performance incentive payment. Master's Thesis. Chung-Ang University. 2005; 87(3):1–9.
- Konovsky MA, Pugh SD. Citizenship behavior and social exchange. Academy of Management Journal. 1994; 37(3):656–69.
- Materson SS, Lewis K, Goldman, BM, Taylor MS. Integrating justice and social exchange: the differing effects of fair procedures and treatment on work relationship. Academy of Management Journal. 2000; 43(1):738–48.
- Hair JE, Anderson RE, Tatham RL, Black WC. Multivariate data analysis. Fifth Edition, Prentice-Hall International Inc; 1998.
- Bagozzi RP, Yi Y. On the evaluation of structural equation models. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. 1988; 16(1):74–94.
- Fornell C, Larker DF. Evaluating structural models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research. 1981 Feb; 18(1):39–50.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.