Total views : 349
Effect of the In-Flight Meal Service Quality on the Customer Value and Loyalty
Background/Objectives: The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship among in-flight meal service quality, customer value and loyalty. To accomplish this, a questionnaire was developed based on previous studies. Methods/ Statistical analysis: A convenience sample of 400 respondents was surveyed and a total of 368 usable questionnaires were analyzed. SPSS 21.0 was used as statistical tool for data analysis. Descriptive analysis was conducted to examine the demographic characteristics of the participants. And to test the constructive validation of the instrument for evaluation, factor analysis was carried out. And multiple regression analysis was performed to know the impact among variables. Findings: The average of in-flight meal service quality score was 3.27/5.00 and in-flight meal service quality was highest with service factor of 3.30, followed by sanitation factor with 3.27 and food factor with 3.25. Meanwhile, the average of customer value score was 3.14 and loyalty was 3.28 respectively. Furthermore, there was a significantly positive correlation among food, service, sanitation, customer value and loyalty (**p<0.01, *p<0.05). Specifically, service factor and the sanitation factor (p <0.01) showed a significant high correlation (p2=0.41, p<0.001). Furthermore, influences of in-flight service quality on loyalty showed significantly positive effects in food (β=0.160, p<0.01), service (β=0.315, p<0.001) and sanitation (β=0.385, p<0.001) factors. Regarding the degrees of influences on customer value and loyalty, sanitation showed the highest effects. Application/Improvements: It is necessary for an airline to continuously understand customers’ needs for supplementary services and hygienic management for in-flight meal, not to mention the quality of in-flight service.
Customer Value, In-Flight Meal Service Quality, Loyalty, Sanitation.
- Parasuraman AL, Berry L, Zeithaml VA. SERVQUAL: A multiple-item scale for measuring consumer perception of service quality. Journal of Marketing. 1988; 64(1):12-40.
- Kim JS, Park JH, Choi H. A Study on the Effect of Service Quality on Customer Value, Customer Satisfaction and Behavioral Intention. Journal of Tourism and Leisure. 2014; 26(2):155-76.
- Hong JH, Bae SY, Kim MS. The impact of in-flight service quality on customer’s satisfaction and loyalty. Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea. 2014; 17(2:209-27.
- Lee HJ, Ko SH, Oh SM. Introduction to airline transport industry. Serome Press, 3rd. Seoul, Korea; 2012.
- Park SS. Comparative analysis of importance and satisfaction on airlines cabin meal service. Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea. 2008; 11(21):7-26.
- Lee JY, Cho Y.S, Park, EJ. The consequence in inflight food service quality of airline. Korean Academic Society of Hotel Administration. The 31th Kasha Semi-Annual Conference; 2006. p. 559-70.
- Kwak TK, Park SJ.The impact of demographical characteristics on service quality and customer satisfaction for inflight catering service. Korean J. Dietary Culture. 1999; 14(3):305-17.
- Baek SH, Kim CB, Yang IS, The influence of perceived service quality of inflight meals on inflight meal satisfaction airline satisfaction and repeat patronage. Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea. 2008; 11(1):263-80.
- Kim KM, Choi BC. Study of structural relationships between in-flight food service quality, perceived value, customer satisfaction and behavior intention of airline. Korean Journao of Tourism Research. 2014; 25(1):163-82.
- Kim CB. The effect of in-flight catering selection attributes on customer satisfaction and loyalty. Journal of Tourism Research. 2009; 14(1):93-109.
- Zeithaml VA. Consumer perception of price and value: a mean-end model and synthesis of evidence. Journal of Marketing. 1988; 52(3):2-22.
- Siami S, Gorji M, The measurement of service quality by using SERVQUAL and quality gap model. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Jan; 5(1):1956-60.
- Shanaki M, Ranjbar V, Shakhsian F. Investigation on relationship between service quality and customer satisfaction. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2012 Dec; 5(12):3809-18
- Sweeney JC, Soutar GN. Consumer perceived value: the development of a multiple item scale. Journal of Retailing. 2001; 77(3):203-20.
- Sanchez-Fernandez R, Iniesta-Bonillo MA, Holbrook MB. The conceptualization and measurement of consumer value in services. International Journal of Market Research. 2009; 51(2):93-113.
- Kotler P. Marketing management: Analysis, planning, implementation and control, 10th ed, Prentice-Hall, New Jersey, USA; 2000.
- Kim, CB, Baek SH, Yang IS. The measurement of expected and perceived service quality of in flight meal by customers. The Korean Journal of Food and Nutrition. 2009; 22(1):5762.
- Lee JH, Han HS, Kyung KS. Impact of well being in-flight meal service on customer satisfaction and customer loyalty. Journal of Korea Acacemia-Industrial cooperation Society. 2013; 14(5):2688-99.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.