Total views : 312
Study on Establishing Growth Strategy System for Pre World Class Companies
Background/Objectives: The local small giant support project for cultivating Korean hidden champions is formal rather than bringing practical effect. This study aims to help companies practically by suggesting customized growth strategies for local small giants. Methods/Statistical Analysis: A growth strategy system for local small giants was presented and the effectiveness of the growth strategy presented was verified. Also, an interview for satisfaction research was conducted with 5 consultants and 14 company managers, who specialize in planning growth strategies for local small giants, using standardized questionnaires. The questionnaire consists of questions about satisfaction, work concentration and strategy compliance. Findings: The growth strategy system maintains the growth strategy systems of the world-class 300 enterprises and reinforces the key technology securing strategies for developing future growth engines, from the perspective of BSC (Balanced Score Card). According to the survey on the effectiveness of these customized growth strategies for local small giants, 94.7% of the subjects were satisfied with the growth strategy system suggested. 55.6% of them replied that it could provide practical help and 38. % of them replied that it lightened the burden of paperwork. All the consultants answered that they got time to concentrate on the companies and it would provide practical help by enabling them to present in-depth data. Application/ Improvements: Further researches for empirical studies to examine whether the growth strategy is connected to practical business performance and meet national competitiveness, is required.
Growth Strategies, Hidden Champion, Local Small but Strong Businesses, Small and Medium-sized Businesses, World Class 300.
- Herrigel G. Industrial constructions. The source of german industrial power. Cambridge University Press; 1996.
- Harvard Business Review [Internet]. [Cited 2013 Feb]. Available from: www.hbrsubscribe.org/.
- A German economist. a Prof. of London Business School [Internet]. [Cited 2014 May]. Available from: www.london.edu/faculty-and-research/faculty/profiles/scott-a.
- Shabani S. A conceptual business model to improve the environment for small and medium businesses. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015; 8(27):1–11. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i27/82450.
- Purg D, Saginova O, Skorobogatykh I, Musatova Z. Family owned hidden champions in Russia: innovations, human capital and internationalization. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2016; 9(12):1–10. DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2016/v9i12/89535.
- Confidence in the German Mittelstand. Annual Report. DZ Bank Group [Internet]. [Cited 2013]. Available from: www.geschaeftsbericht.dzbank.de/.../DZBANK_Group_AR2012_Magazi.
- International Comparisons of Hourly Compensation Costs in Manufacturing. Bureau of Labor Statistics [Internet]. [Cited 2012]. Available from: www.bls.gov/news.release/ichcc.toc.htm.
- KIS-VALUE [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Nov 11]. Available from: http://www.koreaexim.go.kr.
- Trade NAVI Report. SMEs with exports of more than $ 100 million [Internet]. [Cited 2015 May 09]. Available from: http://www.motie.go.kr.
- Visiting Korea Seminar [Internet]. [Cited 2014 Jul]. Available from: https://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/KOO/OO_EN_13_12_2.jsp?cid.
- The 300 leading Cross party debate. Presentation: Hidden Champion and future industry, learning from Germany. Moneytoday [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Dec 02]. Available from: https://www.tuhh.de/tim/downloads/.../Working_Paper_85.pdf.
- His life and Work [Internet]. Available from: www.bosch.com/content2/publication_forms/.../SH1-07_en_aktuell.pdf.
- Standards of annual sales less than 50 million euros. Banque de France, Bach Database [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Aug 21]. Available from: https://www.bach.banque-france.fr/index.php?page...file=Outlook2.
- DZ Bank Group. Annual Report, OECD, Source OECD [Internet]. [Cited 2013]. Available from: www.annualreport.dzbank.com/.
- German Patent, Trade Mark Office. Annual Report [Internet]. [Cited 2010]. Available from: www.dpma.de.
- Girotra K, Netessine S. Extreme focus and the success of Germany's Mittelstand. HBR Blog Network; 2013.
- Clusters are registered [Internet]. [Cited 2015 Apr 09]. Available from: https://www.clustercollaboration.eu.
- British Finance Minister George Osborne. Daily Telegraph. Business Must Copy the Germans [Internet]. [Cited 2011 Sep]. Available from: www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Change of the ranking of global trade and its implications, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy. The major background of strong competitiveness of German SMEs. Korea Bank. International Economic Review [Internet]. [Cited 2013 Oct]. Available from: http://english.motie.go.kr/.
- The Economist. Why doesn't france have a Mittelstant? [Internet]. [Cited 2012 Oct 20]. Available from: www.economist.com/.../21564898-envy-germany’s-medium-sized-famil.Data.
- Global R&D Funding Forecast. Sales less than 40 billion to $ 1 trillion, the average 3 % R&D portfolio for 3 years or Sales growth more than 15% (CAGR) for 5 years. application standard [Internet]. [Cited 2015 May 09]. Available from: http://www.motie.go.kr.
- Kim H. Centered on experimental study and case studies on critical success factors by growth stages of innovation type SME, a study on the digital convergence/integration (periodical). Korea Digital Policy Society. 2014; 12(10):1–20.
- Choi Y, Shin J, Kim S. The influence of CEO, strategy and structure factors on the accomplishments of SMEs. SMEs Research. 2003; 25(2):103–25.
- Porter M. Competitive strategy techniques for analyzing industries and competitors, New York Free Press; 1980.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.