Total views : 555
A Study on Business Model Consulting Framework for Technology Commercialization of ICT SMEs
Background/Objectives: As for the consulting for the SMEs, of which the scale is not very big and the business is not that complicated, it is effective to base it on the business model and to suggest the measures to diagnose and solve the problems regarding the overall business cycle. Methods/Statistical Analysis: This study analyzes the documents on the business model and examines the possibility of a consulting tool by reconstituting them as well as examining technology commercialization from SME’s perspective. Findings: By analyzing the researches on the existing business models, this study clearly constitutes the relationships between strategies, dynamic capabilities, business models and business processing and suggests the consulting framework based on the business model. This study also suggests a consulting framework for ICT SMEs' technology commercialization which applies the consulting framework based on business model to the technology commercialization. Application/Improvements: Although the suggested consulting framework could be applicable to ICT SMEs' technology commercialization, it is still at the conceptual level.
Business Model, Consulting, Technology Commercialization.
- Bernd WW, Adriano P, Sebastian U, Vincent G. Business models: Origin, development and future research perspectives. Long Range Planning. 2015 Feb; 49(1):36–54.
- Shiva S. A conceptual business model to improve the environment for small and medium businesses. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Oct; 8(27):1–11.
- Chang Y, Seo JH. A study on the determining priority of consulting areas for SMES. The Korean Society of Management Consulting. 2014; 14(1):247–64.
- Carlos MD, Peter T. Business model: What it is and what it is not. Long Range Planning. 2014; 47(1):379–89.
- Eng KC. Linking a service innovation-based framework to business model design. IEEE 16th Conference on Business Informatics; 2014. p. 191–8.
- Tina S, Nicllai JF. Business models for open innovation: Matching heterogeneous open innovation strategy with business model dimensions. European Management Journal. 2014; 33(3):201–13.
- Kim LS. Components of a business model and their influences on a firm performance. Indian Journal of Science and Technology. 2015 Jan; 8(1):139–44.
- Osterwalder A, Pigneur Y, Tucci CL. Clarifying business models: Origins, present and future of the concept. Communications of the Association for Information Systems. 2005; 16(1):1–25.
- Raman CM, Joan ER. From strategy to business models and onto tactics. Long Range Planning. 2010; 43(2-3):195–215.
- David JT. Business models, business strategy and innovation. Long Range Planning. 2010; 43(1):172–94.
- Sergio C, Peter K, John U. Business model dynamics and innovation: (Re)establishing the missing linkages. Management Decision. 2011; 49(8):1327–42.
- Leona A, Leif M, Lucia N. Dynamics of business models – Strategizing, critical capabilities and activities for sustained value creation. Long Range Planning. 2013; 46(3):427–42.
- Benoit D, Xavier L. Business model evolution: Search for dynamic consistency. Long Range Planning. 2013 Apr-Jun; 43(2-3):227–46.
- Kim JS, Yang YS. Implications to high-tech starts-up driven from implementing business model of leading high tech ventures: A case study of KOSDAQ listed high-tech ventures. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship. 2014; 9(2):23–33.
- Na DS. Theory and reality of Korean Consulting Market – Methodology development and implementation. Korea: Hansung University Press; 2015. p. 1–20.
- Yang DH. A study on the business model consulting methodology in the perspective of innovation, competition and problem solving utilizing AHP/EDA. [Ph.D. Thesis]. Hansung University Graduate School; 2015 17. Park JB. Technology commercialization and applying technology management – Focusing on Jolly’s theory. KIET Industrial Analysis. 2008. p. 26–37.
- Park W, Park HY. A study on business ecosystem model for technology commercialization: Focused on its application to Public R&D Commercialization. Journal of Korea Technology Innovation Society. 2014; 17(4):786–819.
- Park JB. The reality and progress project of Korean technology commercialization – Focusing on Public Technology. KIET Issue Paper; 2008. p. 1–28.
- Park SJ. A strategic model for excavating new technologies of information and communication technology industry. Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers Spring Conference; 2015. p. 209–15.
- Porter ME. Strategy and the Internet. Harvard Business Review. 2001; 79(3):63–78.
- Hwhang HD, Chung SY. A measure on technology transfer activation of government-sponsored research institutes focusing on companies in demand: Focusing on the case in the K Research Institute. Korea Technology Innovation Society. 2015; 18(2):318–37.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.