Total views : 250
Modeling Rubber Prices as a GBM Process
This paper shows that the prices of rubber type SMR and type centrifuged latex can be modeled as a geometric Brownian motion process. A numerical simulation of the prices of the rubbers is given to illustrate the approach.
Forecasting, Geometric Brownian Motion, Numerical Simulation, Rubber Prices.
- Fama EF. Efficient capital markets: A review of theory and empirical work. Journal of Finance. 1969; 25(2):28–30.
- Abidin SNZ, Jaffar MM. A review on Geometric Brownian Motion in forecasting the share prices in Bursa Malaysia. World Applied Sciences Journal 17 (Special Issue of Applied Math). IDOSI Publications; 2012. p. 87–93.
- Omar A, Jaffar MM. Comparative analysis of Geometric Brownian Motion model in forecasting FBMHS and FBMKLCI index in Bursa Malaysia. IEEE Transactions on Business, Engineering and Industrial Applications; 2011. p. 157–61.
- Asrah NM, Djauhari MA. Time series behavior of the number of Air Asia passengers: A distributional approach. Proc of the International Conference on Mathematical Sciences and Statistics; Kuala Lumpur. 2013. p. 561–5.
- Atsalakis G, Valavanis K. Surveying stock market forecasting techniques – part II: Soft computing methods. Expert Systems with Applications. 2009; 36(3):5932–41.
- Bachelier L. Louis Bachelier’s theory of speculation: The origins of modern finance. Princeton University Press, Translated and with commentary by Mark Davis and Alison Etheridge; 2006.
- Melecky J, Sergyeyev A. A simple finite-difference stock market model involving intrinsic values. Chaos, Solitons and Fractals. 2008; 38(3):769–77.
- Cajueiro D, Tabak B, Werneck F. Can we predict crashes? The case of the Brazilian stock market. Physica A. 2009; 388(8):1603–9.
- Hsu YT, Liu MC, Hung HF. Forecasting the turning time of stock market based on Markov-Fourier Grey model. Expert Systems with Applications. 2009; 36(4):8597–603.
- Wilmott P. Quantitative Finance. John Wiley and Sons Ltd; 2000.
- Black F, Scholes M. The pricing of options and corporate liabilities. Journal of Political Economy. 1973; 81(3):637–54.
- Ibrahim SN, O’Hara JG, Constantinou N. Power option pricing via fast Fourier transform. 4th Computer Science and Electronic Engineering Conference (CEEC); Colchester. 2012. p. 1–6.
- Ibrahim SN, O’Hara JG, Constantinou N. Pricing extendible options using the fast Fourier transform. Mathematical Problems in Engineering; 2014.
- Cheng, TCE, Lo, YK, Ma, KW. Forecasting stock price index by multiple regression. Managerial Finance. 1990; 16(1):27–31.
- Rounaghi MM, Abbaszadeh MR, Arashi M. Stock price forecasting for companies listed on Tehran stock exchange using multivariate adaptive regression splines model and semi-parametric splines technique. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications. 2015; 438:625–33.
- Ismail Z, Yahya A, Shabri A. Forecasting gold prices using multiple linear regression method. American Journal of Applied Sciences. 2009; 6(8):1509–14.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.