Total views : 275
Functional Data Analysis for Extreme Data
The performance of extreme data is observed by using functional data analysis with two extreme values theory approaches. Functional data analysis is one of the techniques to represent data in a functional form or as a smooth curve rather than in a discrete form. This functional observation will be fitted using fourier series by least squares and roughness penalty method. The data will be tested on block maxima and r-largest order statistics approaches to indicate what numbers of data required to have the best fitted curve. The finding illustrates three r-largest order statistics approach gives a better performance for functional data analysis which deals with extreme values data.
Functional Data Analysis, Extreme Values Theory, Fourier Series, Generalize Cross-validation.
- Ramsay J, Silverman B. Functional data analysis. 2nd ed. Springer; 2005.
- Ramsay J, Hooker G, Graves S. Functional data analysis with R and MATLAB. Springer; 2009.
- Ramsay J, Silverman B. Applied functional data analysis: Methods and case studies. Springer; 2002.
- Roberto V, Georg G, Manfred S. Functional principal component analysis of fMRI data. Human Brain Mappin. 2005; 24(2):109–29.
- Ullah S, Finch F. Applications of functional data analysis: A systematic review. Medical Research Methodology. BMC Medical Research Methodology. 2013 Mar 19. DOI: 10.1186/1471-2288-13-43.
- Jamaludin S, Jemain A. Comparing rainfall patterns between regions in Peninsular Malaysia. Journal of Hydrology. 2011; 411:197–206.
- Yee TW. VGAM family function for extreme value data [Internet]. 2007. Available from: https://www.researchgate. net/publication/228979419_vgam_Family_Functions_for_ Extreme_Value_Data.
- King KS. Functional data analysis with application to United States weather data. UVM Honors College Senior Theses. Paper 10 [Internet]. 2014. Available from: http://scholarworks.uvm.edu/hcoltheses/10.
- de Haan L, Ferreira A. Extreme value theory: An introduction. Springer; 2006.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.