Total views : 310
Dependency Syntactic Analysis for Opinion Mining
Background/Objectives: Dependency parsing is one of the remaining problems that attracts researchers’ interest because of its contribution to natural language processing applications. This paper presents a dependency parser and provides an effective sentiment analysis model for Vietnamese. Methods/Statistical Analysis: Up to now, there has been some remarkable work on dependency parsing for Vietnamese, of which the approach of transforming the constituents into a dependency grammar has been proven to give the best performance. In this study, we proposed another way to parse Vietnamese sentences to create dependency trees based on the incremental algorithm by Covington and Graph Unification Programming. We have also combined a dependency parser, sentiment dictionary, domain ontology, and syntactic dependency rules for solving the sentiment analysis problem. Findings: We found that the experiments using simple sentences collected from Vietnamese reviews provided better results than with other methods. The combination of dependency parser, sentiment dictionary, domain ontology, and syntactic dependency rules may be helpful when dealing with a sentiment analysis problem. This model can be applied to Vietnamese and other languages. Application/Improvements: The positive results, which came from an experimental period, will provide us with a basis from which to expand grammar rules to build a parser for more complicated Vietnamese sentences and to integrate it into many cognitive tasks, such as sentiment analysis.
Dependency Parsing, Dependency Syntactic Analysis, Opinion Mining, Sentiment Analysis, Vietnamese Parser.
- Covington M. A Fundamental Algorithm for Dependency Parsing. Proceedings of the 39th Annual ACM Southeast Conference. 2009. p. 95–102.
- Covington MA. GULP 4: An Extension of Prolog for Unification Based Grammar. USA: Artificial Intelligence Center, The University of Georgia, Research Rep. AI-1994-06. 2007.
- Hong PL, Nguyen TMH, Roussanaly A. Vietnamese Parsing with an Automatically Extracted Tree-Adjoining Grammar. Proceedings of the 9th IEEE RIVF International Conference on Computing and Communication Technologies, Research, Innovation, and Vision for the Future. 2012. p. 1–6.
- Thi LN, My LH, Viet HN, Minh HNT, Hong P. “Building a Treebank for Vietnamese Dependency Parsing. Proceedings of the 10th IEEE RIVF International Conference on Computing and Communication Technologies, Research, Innovation, and Vision for the Future. 2013. p. 147–51.
- Nguyen DQ, Nguyen DQ, Pham SB, Nguyen P-T, Nguyen ML. From Treebank Conversion to Automatic Dependency Parsing for Vietnamese. Proceedings of 19th International Conference on Application of Natural Language to Information Systems, NLDB'14, Springer LNCS. 2014. p. 196–207.
- Dat Quoc Nguyen, Dai Quoc Nguyen, Dang Duc Pham, and Son Bao Pham. 2014. “RDRPOSTagger: A Ripple Down Rules-based Part-Of-Speech Tagger,” In Proceedings of the Demonstrations at the 14th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics, pp. 17–20.
- Tran T, Nguyen DT. The Solution for Resolving Inter-Sentential Anaphoric Pronoun “nó” in Vietnamese Paragraphs Composing 3 to 5 Simple Sentences. International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology. 2014; 65:95–112.
- Kamayani M, Purwarianti A. Dependency Parsing for Indonesian. International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Informatics, ICEEI. 2011. p. 1–5.
- de Marneffe M-C, Manning CD. Stanford dependencies manual. Technical report, Stanford University. 2008.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.