Total views : 259
The Advertising Effect of PPL within Webtoon: Focusing on the Components of Engagement
Background/ Objectives: In this study, the advertising effect of PPL in webtoon with an expectation to help webtoon market. Methods/Statistical Analysis: The subjects were asked to fill out the questionnaires after experiencing the webtoon enough. The data were collected through one-on-one face-to-face interview using the self-administered survey. The SPSS/PC+ 18.0 version was used to analyze the collected data. Findings: It was found that all of the engagement attributes exerted influence on the brand attitude towards PPL in webtoon. It was also found that the attributes of amusement, commitment and literary value, except for comprehension, influenced purchase intention towards PPL in webtoon. Finally, PPL invasiveness was found to have an influence on the attributes of amusement, comprehension and literary value.Application/Improvements: This study helped presenting a model for verification of the advertising effect of new media.
Brand Attitude, Invasiveness,PPL in Webtoon, Purchase Intention, Webtoon Engagement Attributes
- Yoon Y, Mo SC. Measurement of PPL advertising effect in a movie. Korean Advertising Research. 2001; 2(53):135–54.
- Gwiok L, Gil CM. The media advertising effects of multiple simultaneous media consumption situation. Kobaco, Seoul; 2008.
- Yeob YS, Hee KJ. A study on product placement effects in the advertisements which follows in product involvement, arrangement and brand exposures. Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology. 2011; 12(4):713–35.
- Hyun KY, Young KE. An analytic study on interaction for a flow in webtoons. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture. 2010; 15(4):74–84.
- Guptap B, Lord KR. Product placement in movies: The effect of prominence and mode on audience recall. Journal of Current Issues and Research in Advertising. 1998; 20(1):47–59.
- Min BS, Ho YS.The study about influence of immersiveness on PPL advertising in on-line game. Journal of Korea Game Society. 2006; 6(3):67–76.
- Su JM, Yeon JG. The effects of media engagement and product involvement on advertising effectiveness: A study of mobile applications engagement. Journal of Korean Advertising.2012; 23(2):201–27.
- Kim MJ, Park JS, Chin HK. An influence of the digital native characteristics to acceptance of digital signage engagement and media attitude. Indian Journal of Science and Technology.2015; 8(23):1–6.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/v8i23/87519.
- Kim JW, Jung JR, Kim SW. The relationship of game elements, fun and flow. Indian Journal of Science andTechnology. 2015; 8(8):405–11.DOI: 10.17485/ijst/2015/ v8iS8/70740.
- Ha L. Advertising clutter in consumer magazines: dimensions and effects. Journal of Advertising Research. 1996; 36(4):76–84.
- Hwi KH, Hwan KH. The influence of the intrusiveness of internet advertisement and involvement on advertising effectiveness.Korean Advertising Research. 2003; 1(60):7–35.
- Seul CY, Pil HS, Yeob YS. The effect of engagement attributes of digital storytelling advertisement on eWOM: The mediating role of sympathy. Journal of Korean Advertising.2015; 26(5):189–212.
- Yong KT, Kun BY, Young KM. An engagement scale for TV viewing: multi-stage surveys for item development and validation.Korean Association for Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies. 2014; 28(20):50–97.
- Speck PS, Elliott MT. Predictors of advertising avoidance in print and broadcast media. Journal of Advertising. 1977; 26(3):61–76.
- Fishbein M, Ajzen I. Belief, attitude, intention and behavior: An introduction to theory and research, Addison-Wesley Publishing Company. 1975; 10(2):130–2.
- Kotler P. Marketing managemet, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hal; 1997.
- There are currently no refbacks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.